Thread: visiting georgia

Post imported post

ill be coming to georgia the 6th through 10th.

and would like to bring my pistol along.

im 18 white country boy. no permit or anything. weapon is a rock island armory .45acp.

is it legal to carry in my vehicle?
    if so how?
    how much hassle would i catch if open carrying?
    if hassled what georgia law can i show them stating it is legal?

what determins the use of deadly force in georgia?

Post imported post

You may not legally carry (open or concealed) without a Georgia or reciprical permit.

As far as car carry goes... http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum18/7259.html

Post imported post

I've read the Georgia Carry page, and a few threads in the GA forum here. My understanding is that since I have a concealed carry permit with GA reciprocity, I'm good to go open carry also and in my vehicle just as if I had a GA issued license when I visit the state. Is this correct? (I may be through GA in May)
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

GaGunOwner wrote:
    deepdiver wrote:
    I've read the Georgia Carry page, and a few threads in the GA forum here. My understanding is that since I have a concealed carry permit with GA reciprocity, I'm good to go open carry also and in my vehicle just as if I had a GA issued license when I visit the state. Is this correct? (I may be through GA in May)
    Correct. If you have a license honored by GA it is the same as having a GFL. You may open carry with your license wherever it is legal to conceal carry. Remember there are more off-limits locations in GA than any other state that actually allows carry and many of thelocations are vague and poorly defined. With an honored license you may have your gun anywhere in your car.
    Thank you for the confirmation. Appreciate it.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."