• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

visiting georgia

F3RR3T

imported post

ill be coming to georgia the 6th through 10th.

and would like to bring my pistol along.

im 18 white country boy. no permit or anything. weapon is a rock island armory .45acp.

is it legal to carry in my vehicle?
if so how?
how much hassle would i catch if open carrying?
if hassled what georgia law can i show them stating it is legal?

what determins the use of deadly force in georgia?

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I've read the Georgia Carry page, and a few threads in the GA forum here. My understanding is that since I have a concealed carry permit with GA reciprocity, I'm good to go open carry also and in my vehicle just as if I had a GA issued license when I visit the state. Is this correct? (I may be through GA in May)

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

GaGunOwner wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
I've read the Georgia Carry page, and a few threads in the GA forum here. My understanding is that since I have a concealed carry permit with GA reciprocity, I'm good to go open carry also and in my vehicle just as if I had a GA issued license when I visit the state. Is this correct? (I may be through GA in May)
Correct. If you have a license honored by GA it is the same as having a GFL. You may open carry with your license wherever it is legal to conceal carry. Remember there are more off-limits locations in GA than any other state that actually allows carry and many of thelocations are vague and poorly defined. With an honored license you may have your gun anywhere in your car.
Thank you for the confirmation. Appreciate it.