• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kaine to hold Town Hall Meetings in Staunton, Petersburg, and Newport News

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I know everybody is irritated about SB476 being vetoed by Kaine, but I don't hear anybody wanting to do anything about it. You guys get on this forum and voice your opinion, and that's fine, but we need to get out there and be heard.

Let me remind everyone that Kaine is on short list of being named a Vice-Presidential Candidatate with Obama.

Kaine stuck it in our eye and we have to do something about it. These public forums will be a great oppurtunity for us to organize outside. The powers that be and the National Democrat strategists need to see this. You know they will be there.

Kaine needs to be held accountable for what he did. Look at the big picture. How will the anti-gunners react if Kaine got the vpnod? They would feel very empowered.

We need to demonstrate! We need to make a presence outside of these meetings.

!

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If you want to do it in Newport News and can get a few more folks to particiipateI will drive down there.

You know the media will be there and if we can muster up a few more folks we can contact the media and we can get some coverage. It's not that difficult. We just need warm bodies.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'll be a body for the Petersburg meeting. Might be able to do the Newport News one also, but the schedule is still iffy for Wednesday.

What are you thinking of doing besides standing outside the school (either one)? Signs? Lay down on the sidewalk (like the 32 Dead Mommies)? Get a bullhorn and yell?

stay safe.

skidmark

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Signs and open carry on the street. Someone will definately notice us and those party big-whigs that will be grading Kaine for a possible VP nod will see and remember this.

Kaine supports Open Carry!

Kaine is an enemy to the2nd amendment!

Kaine is a failure!

Virginia's pain is Kaine's political Gain!

Any other thoughts for a sign?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

T Dubya wrote:
Signs and open carry on the street. Someone will definately notice us and those party big-whigs that will be grading Kaine for a possible VP nod will see and remember this.

Kaine supports Open Carry!

Kaine is an enemy to the2nd amendment!

Kaine is a failure!

Virginia's pain is Kaine's political Gain!

Any other thoughts for a sign?

Well, my favorite is "Kaine, you ignorant slut" -- but you have to be able to remember "Saturday Night Live" in the 70s to get the meaning.

And it's not exactly the type of sign that people who take the high road would use.

But I can think it <grin>.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I am thinking I could find a legal parking spot on the street where the town hall traffic will be passing by. I could stand in the back of my pickup with a sign and my holster.