Thread: Kaine to hold Town Hall Meetings in Staunton, Petersburg, and Newport News

Post imported post

I hope it is okay to post this thread.

http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/news.a...3-04-0167.html

Kaine will be holding 3 town hall meetings about the budget, but I say we get a group togethor and make our presence known outside of the schools.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Post imported post

I know everybody is irritated about SB476 being vetoed by Kaine, but I don't hear anybody wanting to do anything about it. You guys get on this forum and voice your opinion, and that's fine, but we need to get out there and be heard.

Let me remind everyone that Kaine is on short list of being named a Vice-Presidential Candidatate with Obama.

Kaine stuck it in our eye and we have to do something about it. These public forums will be a great oppurtunity for us to organize outside. The powers that be and the National Democrat strategists need to see this. You know they will be there.

Kaine needs to be held accountable for what he did. Look at the big picture. How will the anti-gunners react if Kaine got the vpnod? They would feel very empowered.

We need to demonstrate! We need to make a presence outside of these meetings.

!
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."

Post imported post

Count me in for Newport News.

Post imported post

Count me in for Newport News. Sorry for the double post the site was acting wierd earlier today.

Post imported post

If you want to do it in Newport News and can get a few more folks to particiipateI will drive down there.

You know the media will be there and if we can muster up a few more folks we can contact the media and we can get some coverage. It's not that difficult. We just need warm bodies.

Post imported post

I'll be a body for the Petersburg meeting. Might be able to do the Newport News one also, but the schedule is still iffy for Wednesday.

What are you thinking of doing besides standing outside the school (either one)? Signs? Lay down on the sidewalk (like the 32 Dead Mommies)? Get a bullhorn and yell?

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

Signs and open carry on the street. Someone will definately notice us and those party big-whigs that will be grading Kaine for a possible VP nod will see and remember this.

Kaine supports Open Carry!

Kaine is an enemy to the2nd amendment!

Kaine is a failure!

Virginia's pain is Kaine's political Gain!

Any other thoughts for a sign?

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

T Dubya wrote:
    Signs and open carry on the street. Someone will definately notice us and those party big-whigs that will be grading Kaine for a possible VP nod will see and remember this.

Kaine supports Open Carry!

Kaine is an enemy to the2nd amendment!

Kaine is a failure!

Virginia's pain is Kaine's political Gain!

Any other thoughts for a sign?

Well, my favorite is "Kaine, you ignorant ****" -- but you have to be able to remember "Saturday Night Live" in the 70s to get the meaning.

And it's not exactly the type of sign that people who take the high road would use.

But I can think it <grin>.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

I am thinking I could find a legal parking spot on the street where the town hall traffic will be passing by. I could stand in the back of my pickup with a sign and my holster.

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    Well, my favorite is "Kaine, you ignorant ****" -- but you have to be able to remember "Saturday Night Live" in the 70s to get the meaning.