• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fobus Thumb Break Level II?

GJD

imported post

I just traded up and got a Springfield XD-9, and now I am looking for a Level II retention holster to use while OC'ing. I was looking at the Fobus Thumb Break holster, but I cant see where the thumb button is, does anyone have pictures of one where you can actually see the setup? The websites I have looked at only show the outside.

On the other side - What is the quality of a Fobus compared to a BH Serpa II?

abrink

imported post

Well i can tell you this. Fobus makes a great holster. My fobus without the thumbsnap offers enough retention because of 2 nubs that rest on the trigger guard. It can only be drawn straight out of the holster.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

GJD wrote:
I just traded up and got a Springfield XD-9, and now I am looking for a Level II retention holster to use while OC'ing. I was looking at the Fobus Thumb Break holster, but I cant see where the thumb button is, does anyone have pictures of one where you can actually see the setup? The websites I have looked at only show the outside.

On the other side - What is the quality of a Fobus compared to a BH Serpa II?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDeKtgkZKmQ

This is why I don't want a fobus.

Serpa Level II is BY FAR much stronger.

I got Serpa for my Kimber and S&W 4006:celebrate

Just saying...,make your own decision. But I already made mine

TJ