Thread: And now I wait...... Started the CCDW process

Post imported post

The ad ran some time ago. Today (4 Mar), 1:15 appointment for the finger printing. Was out at 1:11 (I was a little early). Then north to file my paperwork. In and out of there in less than 30 minutes.

So, now I wait.......

17 Apr received my non-committal letter from the DOJ (6 wks 2 days)
    5 May received my letter from the court, approved. Now I have to schedule my class.
    7 May, class scheduled for 14 May
    21 May, took certificate of training to court house!
    27 May .... Have it in hand!!! UNRESTRICTED! :celebrate

Post imported post

Congratulations!! I'm gonna start mine when I get the dough.

Post imported post

I know what you mean....
    $73.00 to TNJ
    $69.00 DSP
    $34.50 Court
    $150.00 classes

Post imported post

ChefW wrote:
    Congratulations!! I'm gonna start mine when I get the dough.

Same here.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Keep us posted!

Post imported post

I know Delaware is a MAY issue state, but this is a little too much....

Wherefore, Applicant prays that the Superior Court issue a license pursuant to 11 Del. Code ยง 1441. (from the application)

Post imported post

Started? Sounds like your almost done. Just a few months waiting left. Next should be a copy of a letter from the AG saying you've been a good boy and they see no reason to deny the application.

Good luck, hopefully we still have the same judge. :celebrate

Post imported post

I still have the class to do. I figured I'd get all the other stuff out of the way (or at least, started), then do the class. Have a note to self to call in 2 weeks to make sure they received the background check. Hopefully 4-6 weeks, but I think I'm pushing it....

State Researcher

Post imported post

radnor wrote:
    I still have the class to do. I figured I'd get all the other stuff out of the way (or at least, started), then do the class. Have a note to self to call in 2 weeks to make sure they received the background check. Hopefully 4-6 weeks, but I think I'm pushing it....
    Do you have your class scheduled?

Post imported post

No, not yet. Why?

State Researcher

Post imported post

radnor wrote:
    No, not yet. Why?
    Because, depending on where you get it, it can be spanned over the course of a couple of months. And I think you only have so much time after you're approved to take it.

Post imported post

17 Apr, received my non-committal letter from the DOJ!

State Researcher

Post imported post

Nice!

Post imported post

Next should be either the approval or a letter from the court asking for a better explanation. I never got the letter, the license just showed up in the mail. Wife saw something from the court and decided to open my mail. That's when she found out that I got my CCDW. She wanted to know if there was something she could do to stop me from getting it and I told her it was to late. I couldn't use her as a reference and she missed the notice in the paper. She doesn't like me having a gun in the house let alone carrying one all the time.

Takes about 4 - 6 weeks for any feedback from the court AFTER getting the letter from the AG. Hopefully it will just be the courts approval and then you still need to take the handgun safety couse.:celebrate

Post imported post

I will be hearing from the court.... I did not take my class yet. So, soon I will schedule it. I wanted to do it today but he does not offer it on the weekends....

Post imported post

bump

Post imported post

bump for 21 May entry

Post imported post

bump for the 27 May entry

Post imported post

radnor wrote:
    I know what you mean....
    $73.00 to TNJ
    $69.00 DSP
    $34.50 Court
    $150.00 classes
    Where did you take a class for only $150? My wife and I both want to get our CCW and we've been looking - DelTech is $219 and runs about a month. TargetMaster wants a total of $300, but can be done in 3 weeks. Price/time isn't that important, but I'd much rather spend ~$800+ on a new hk - not all this...

Post imported post

A local guy from the DSPC does it for that price.

Post imported post

Thanks Dave.

Not to jack this thread ... but - is the DSPC cool?

I'm old school. I've been shooting since I was a kid, but I grew up downstate and just shot in my backyard (we lived in the sticks). The whole going to a range thing is new to me. And based on the limited info I can glean from their website ... I'm just not too impressed. But I also realize that some of this is hard to convey online. So I guess I'm asking - is it a good place - are they good people?

My only range experience so far has been targetmaster. And so far there, if you demonstrate that you're competent, and you don't do stupid sh*t, they leave you alone. That's pretty much all I want. I'm up for someone offering tips on my grip/stance/etc., but I don't want someone to tell me I'm firing to fast if I practice a double-tap. I can enjoy some straight-up target shooting, but when it really comes down to it, I'm doing this to develop and hone defensive skills.

State Researcher

Post imported post

They're primarily a bullseye club -- .22 target shooters. Most of the membership appear to be seniors or close to it, and they've told me they're definitely looking for younger blood.

I've been there twice for their orientations and they generally asked us to only load 5 rounds at a time... not 100% if that's due to their safety rules (I know that's not written anywhere for them) or if it's just because their bullseye rounds are done in groups of 5 at a time -- or a combination of both. The nice thing is that after you're there for about 3 or 4 months, you get a key to the facility and can come in any time to shoot.

I'm probably going to get a membership there and am already working on organizing an NRA rules-based Action Pistol league.

As I get more information I'll pass it along... if I think everything would be kosher for us, I'd love to get more of us in there. But starting back up in August, every Wednesday night 5-7 they have safety/new member orientation and you're welcome to drop them a note and let them know that you'll be coming in.

Post imported post

That's kinda' what I expected, but I guess I could make that work. Having the freedom to go whenever definitely has it's perks. And plinking with a 22 can be fun. I'll check them out in the fall, and I'll keep checking back here. This is a pretty cool forum...