• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

And now I wait...... Started the CCDW process

radnor

imported post

The ad ran some time ago. Today (4 Mar), 1:15 appointment for the finger printing. Was out at 1:11 (I was a little early). Then north to file my paperwork. In and out of there in less than 30 minutes.

So, now I wait.......

17 Apr received my non-committal letter from the DOJ (6 wks 2 days)
5 May received my letter from the court, approved. Now I have to schedule my class.
7 May, class scheduled for 14 May
21 May, took certificate of training to court house!
27 May .... Have it in hand!!! UNRESTRICTED! :celebrate

radnor

imported post

I know Delaware is a MAY issue state, but this is a little too much....

Wherefore, Applicant prays that the Superior Court issue a license pursuant to 11 Del. Code § 1441. (from the application)

stephpd

imported post

Started? Sounds like your almost done. Just a few months waiting left. Next should be a copy of a letter from the AG saying you've been a good boy and they see no reason to deny the application.

Good luck, hopefully we still have the same judge. :celebrate

radnor

imported post

I still have the class to do. I figured I'd get all the other stuff out of the way (or at least, started), then do the class. Have a note to self to call in 2 weeks to make sure they received the background check. Hopefully 4-6 weeks, but I think I'm pushing it....

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

radnor wrote:
I still have the class to do. I figured I'd get all the other stuff out of the way (or at least, started), then do the class. Have a note to self to call in 2 weeks to make sure they received the background check. Hopefully 4-6 weeks, but I think I'm pushing it....
Do you have your class scheduled?

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

radnor wrote:
No, not yet. Why?
Because, depending on where you get it, it can be spanned over the course of a couple of months. And I think you only have so much time after you're approved to take it.

stephpd

imported post

Next should be either the approval or a letter from the court asking for a better explanation. I never got the letter, the license just showed up in the mail. Wife saw something from the court and decided to open my mail. That's when she found out that I got my CCDW. She wanted to know if there was something she could do to stop me from getting it and I told her it was to late. I couldn't use her as a reference and she missed the notice in the paper. She doesn't like me having a gun in the house let alone carrying one all the time.

Takes about 4 - 6 weeks for any feedback from the court AFTER getting the letter from the AG. Hopefully it will just be the courts approval and then you still need to take the handgun safety couse.:celebrate

radnor

imported post

I will be hearing from the court.... I did not take my class yet. So, soon I will schedule it. I wanted to do it today but he does not offer it on the weekends....

Clancy

imported post

radnor wrote:
I know what you mean....
$73.00 to TNJ
$69.00 DSP
$34.50 Court
$150.00 classes

Where did you take a class for only $150? My wife and I both want to get our CCW and we've been looking - DelTech is $219 and runs about a month. TargetMaster wants a total of $300, but can be done in 3 weeks. Price/time isn't that important, but I'd much rather spend ~$800+ on a new hk - not all this...