Thread: Traveling through

Post imported post

Hi neighbors.

I am a 25 y.o. Louisiana resident. Requiring no permit to own, purchase, or open carry a handgun. Also in La. my vehicle is considered an extension of my home, and I am allowed to carry in it without permit as well.

however, I travel through Miss. a good bit, from natchez down hwy. 61 through woodville and on to St. Francisville in La.

Now while in La. I ride with the pistol stuffed between my seat and the center seat, easily within arms reach, loaded, one in the chamber, safety on. What do I have to do as far as when I enter Miss though? I know that Mississippi accepts Louisiana CCW permits, however, as of right now I do not have a CCW, which means I have nothing in the ways of permits for my gun.

Post imported post

Welcome to the forum.

Mississippi is pretty much just like LA when it comes to car carry. It can be carried anywere in the confines of your car without a permit. It's covered under Mississippi Code, section 97-37-1.

-Dave

Post imported post

Thankyou. I will look that up in a bit and print it out along with hte hundreds of pages of La. law I have to print out right now due to a wonderful case of police harrassment an hour or so ago. grrrrr... you would think that police officers MIGHT care to learn the laws they have sworn to protect (no offense to any out there)

Post imported post

See this thread on traveling through a state: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum61/196.html

State Researcher

Post imported post

The Mississippi Department of Public Safety has the answer to your question. Don't forget to check the Traveler's Map on the OCDO main pagefor information on other states.
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Florida.

Founder, Past President, Treasurer, and General Counsel, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    Life Member, NRA