Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: I'LL TELL YOU ALL A STORY

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Windsor, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    111

    Post imported post

    I'll tell you alll a story as it really happened. My wife and I were traveling south into New Mexico and stoppedat Ratonfor gas. While I was in the station, I noticed three Raton officer standing behind me waiting to check out their snacks.

    I was carrying my Springfield 1911/A1 open and one of the officers said 'that is a good looking side arm you have there'. I thanked him and told him what it was. All three of them tried to trade their glocks for it. I told them I didn't want no stinking Glock to which we all laughed and went our seperates ways.

    Then, while I was in Mesilla and walking around the square, puffing on my pipe, the town marshall drove by, stopped, backed up and called me over to the squad car. Mind you, I was still carrying my Springfield. He said I was breaking the law by smoking in the square. In the process, I had turned and nearly had my shooter inside his window. He never even looked at it.

    They really do believe in open carry in New Mexico. Except where booze is sold.

    Colorado Slick.





  2. #2
    Regular Member Decoligny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rosamond, California, USA
    Posts
    1,865

    Post imported post

    colorado slick wrote:
    I'll tell you alll a story as it really happened. My wife and I were traveling south into New Mexico and stoppedat Ratonfor gas. While I was in the station, I noticed three Raton officer standing behind me waiting to check out their snacks.

    I was carrying my Springfield 1911/A1 open and one of the officers said 'that is a good looking side arm you have there'. I thanked him and told him what it was. All three of them tried to trade their glocks for it. I told them I didn't want no stinking Glock to which we all laughed and went our seperates ways.

    Then, while I was in Mesilla and walking around the square, puffing on my pipe, the town marshall drove by, stopped, backed up and called me over to the squad car. Mind you, I was still carrying my Springfield. He said I was breaking the law by smoking in the square. In the process, I had turned and nearly had my shooter inside his window. He never even looked at it.

    They really do believe in open carry in New Mexico. Except where booze is sold.

    Colorado Slick.



    Gotta watch out for all that evil second hand smoke.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Castle Rock, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    779

    Post imported post

    Wouldn't ya know it? Eh, I'd rather be hasseled about smoking than carrying anyday, and I'm a smoker! I guess we can't catch a break either way!

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Windsor, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    111

    Post imported post

    Evil Ernie wrote:
    Wouldn't ya know it? Eh, I'd rather be hasseled about smoking than carrying anyday, and I'm a smoker! I guess we can't catch a break either way!
    Yeah, and I'm not going to give up either.

    Colorado slick



  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Windsor, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    111

    Post imported post

    Evil Ernie wrote:
    Wouldn't ya know it? Eh, I'd rather be hasseled about smoking than carrying anyday, and I'm a smoker! I guess we can't catch a break either way!
    Yeah, and I am not going to give up either one.

    Colorado

  6. #6
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766

    Post imported post

    OK! Thats one of the best OC stories I've read. Definitely in the top ten.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  7. #7
    Lone Star Veteran Ian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    712

    Post imported post

    colorado slick wrote:
    I'll tell you alll a story as it really happened. My wife and I were traveling south into New Mexico and stoppedat Ratonfor gas. While I was in the station, I noticed three Raton officer standing behind me waiting to check out their snacks.

    I was carrying my Springfield 1911/A1 open and one of the officers said 'that is a good looking side arm you have there'. I thanked him and told him what it was. All three of them tried to trade their glocks for it. I told them I didn't want no stinking Glock to which we all laughed and went our seperates ways.

    Then, while I was in Mesilla and walking around the square, puffing on my pipe, the town marshall drove by, stopped, backed up and called me over to the squad car. Mind you, I was still carrying my Springfield. He said I was breaking the law by smoking in the square. In the process, I had turned and nearly had my shooter inside his window. He never even looked at it.

    They really do believe in open carry in New Mexico. Except where booze is sold.

    Colorado Slick.



    Wait a second. Did you just say you open carried into a gas station in NM? They didn't sell alcohol did they? You cannot open carry into any establishment that sells alcohol for on OR off premesis consumption, only concealed carry, it's a felony.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Windsor, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    111

    Post imported post

    Ianmtx wrote:
    colorado slick wrote:
    I'll tell you alll a story as it really happened. My wife and I were traveling south into New Mexico and stoppedat Ratonfor gas. While I was in the station, I noticed three Raton officer standing behind me waiting to check out their snacks.

    I was carrying my Springfield 1911/A1 open and one of the officers said 'that is a good looking side arm you have there'. I thanked him and told him what it was. All three of them tried to trade their glocks for it. I told them I didn't want no stinking Glock to which we all laughed and went our seperates ways.

    Then, while I was in Mesilla and walking around the square, puffing on my pipe, the town marshall drove by, stopped, backed up and called me over to the squad car. Mind you, I was still carrying my Springfield. He said I was breaking the law by smoking in the square. In the process, I had turned and nearly had my shooter inside his window. He never even looked at it.

    They really do believe in open carry in New Mexico. Except where booze is sold.

    Colorado Slick.



    Wait a second. Did you just say you open carried into a gas station in NM? They didn't sell alcohol did they? You cannot open carry into any establishment that sells alcohol for on OR off premesis consumption, only concealed carry, it's a felony.
    Yeah, I know that and I don't know if they sell booze there or not but, the officers didn't seem to mid,
    Colorado slick

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Windsor, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    111

    Post imported post

    colorado slick wrote:
    Ianmtx wrote:
    colorado slick wrote:
    I'll tell you alll a story as it really happened. My wife and I were traveling south into New Mexico and stoppedat Ratonfor gas. While I was in the station, I noticed three Raton officer standing behind me waiting to check out their snacks.

    I was carrying my Springfield 1911/A1 open and one of the officers said 'that is a good looking side arm you have there'. I thanked him and told him what it was. All three of them tried to trade their glocks for it. I told them I didn't want no stinking Glock to which we all laughed and went our seperates ways.

    Then, while I was in Mesilla and walking around the square, puffing on my pipe, the town marshall drove by, stopped, backed up and called me over to the squad car. Mind you, I was still carrying my Springfield. He said I was breaking the law by smoking in the square. In the process, I had turned and nearly had my shooter inside his window. He never even looked at it.

    They really do believe in open carry in New Mexico. Except where booze is sold.

    Colorado Slick.



    Wait a second. Did you just say you open carried into a gas station in NM? They didn't sell alcohol did they? You cannot open carry into any establishment that sells alcohol for on OR off premesis consumption, only concealed carry, it's a felony.
    Yeah, I know that and I don't know if they sell booze there or not but, the officers didn't seem to mid,
    Colorado slick
    As I understand it, the no carry in places in New Mexico that sell booze for comsumption are the places where you cannot carry a shooter. Gas stations may sell beer and such but do not open it an consume it do not prohibit OC.



    Colorado Slick

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1

    Post imported post

    The law changed July 1, 2007. It is now no carry of any deadly weapon where it is consumed, not just sold.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Windsor, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    111

    Post imported post

    roger505 wrote:
    The law changed July 1, 2007. It is now no carry of any deadly weapon where it is consumed, not just sold.


    Roger, that is what I said.



    Colorado Slick

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •