• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'LL TELL YOU ALL A STORY

colorado slick

imported post

I'll tell you alll a story as it really happened. My wife and I were traveling south into New Mexico and stoppedat Ratonfor gas. While I was in the station, I noticed three Raton officer standing behind me waiting to check out their snacks.

I was carrying my Springfield 1911/A1 open and one of the officers said 'that is a good looking side arm you have there'. I thanked him and told him what it was. All three of them tried to trade their glocks for it. I told them I didn't want no stinking Glock to which we all laughed and went our seperates ways.

Then, while I was in Mesilla and walking around the square, puffing on my pipe, the town marshall drove by, stopped, backed up and called me over to the squad car. Mind you, I was still carrying my Springfield. He said I was breaking the law by smoking in the square. In the process, I had turned and nearly had my shooter inside his window. He never even looked at it.

They really do believe in open carry in New Mexico. Except where booze is sold.

Colorado Slick.

Decoligny

imported post

colorado slick wrote:
I'll tell you alll a story as it really happened. My wife and I were traveling south into New Mexico and stoppedat Ratonfor gas. While I was in the station, I noticed three Raton officer standing behind me waiting to check out their snacks.

I was carrying my Springfield 1911/A1 open and one of the officers said 'that is a good looking side arm you have there'. I thanked him and told him what it was. All three of them tried to trade their glocks for it. I told them I didn't want no stinking Glock to which we all laughed and went our seperates ways.

Then, while I was in Mesilla and walking around the square, puffing on my pipe, the town marshall drove by, stopped, backed up and called me over to the squad car. Mind you, I was still carrying my Springfield. He said I was breaking the law by smoking in the square. In the process, I had turned and nearly had my shooter inside his window. He never even looked at it.

Colorado Slick.
Gotta watch out for all that evil second hand smoke. :lol:

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

colorado slick wrote:

Colorado Slick.
Wait a second. Did you just say you open carried into a gas station in NM? They didn't sell alcohol did they? You cannot open carry into any establishment that sells alcohol for on OR off premesis consumption, only concealed carry, it's a felony.

colorado slick

imported post

Ianmtx wrote:
colorado slick wrote:

Colorado Slick.
Wait a second. Did you just say you open carried into a gas station in NM? They didn't sell alcohol did they? You cannot open carry into any establishment that sells alcohol for on OR off premesis consumption, only concealed carry, it's a felony.
Yeah, I know that and I don't know if they sell booze there or not but, the officers didn't seem to mid,
Colorado slick

colorado slick

imported post

colorado slick wrote:
Ianmtx wrote:
colorado slick wrote:

Colorado Slick.
Yeah, I know that and I don't know if they sell booze there or not but, the officers didn't seem to mid,
Colorado slick

As I understand it, the no carry in places in New Mexico that sell booze for comsumption are the places where you cannot carry a shooter. Gas stations may sell beer and such but do not open it an consume it do not prohibit OC.

Colorado Slick

roger

imported post

The law changed July 1, 2007. It is now no carry of any deadly weapon where it is consumed, not just sold.