• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thanks to AZCDL for their hard work...

Dahwg

imported post

AZCDLFred, please pass my thanks along to the rest of your organization. Thanks to your effortsappearsit will be easier to open carry in AZ- the worry that the weapon will become inadvertantly concealed thus subjecting one to a misdemeaner charge- is a big step closer to being removed! Next stop the Senate, then our lovely hoplophobic Governor. Keep up the good work.

Question for you, what exactly will a petty offense mean? A fine? no jail time correct?

azcdlfred

imported post

Dahwg wrote:
AZCDLFred, please pass my thanks along to the rest of your organization. Thanks to your effortsappearsit will be easier to open carry in AZ- the worry that the weapon will become inadvertantly concealed thus subjecting one to a misdemeaner charge- is a big step closer to being removed! Next stop the Senate, then our lovely hoplophobic Governor. Keep up the good work.

Question for you, what exactly will a petty offense mean? A fine? no jail time correct?
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you! During the lesgialtive session, I lose my freedom tocheck out the various forums. I run the business end of AzCDL,create the newlsetter, am the webmaster and generate all the Alerts. I don't have much free time while the legsilature is in session.

Thanks for the compliments!

Petty Offense is less than a misdemeanor.It's defined inARS 13-105as an offense for which a sentence of a fine only is authorized by law. ARS 13-802 limits the fine to $300.

The language in HB 2630 is identical to the language in last year's SB 1629 after being amended in various committees etc. The governor vetoed SB 1629 but we want to let her know we can keep getting it in front of her.

This year, she faces a major quandry. She tries to appear pro-gun when she is reality anti-gun but pro-Janet. This year we have Petty Offense, Vehicle Carry, School Carry, Defensive Display, a weak Restaurant Carry,and other controversial bills, all heading to her desk. She wants them all dead but is she willing to expose her true feelings if she wants to move up the political food chain? We'll see.

Thank for your help in getting these bills through the legislature!

Fred

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Is the positive posting restaurant carry bill still alive? I haven't heard much about it lately. I'm really not sure I see the practicality in it though. I guess anything is better than nothing.

azcdlfred

imported post

Notso wrote:
Is the positive posting restaurant carry bill still alive? I haven't heard much about it lately. I'm really not sure I see the practicality in it though. I guess anything is better than nothing.

SB 1132has been all the way through the Senate COW. Next step is 3rd Read before going over to the House.

Fred

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hasn't itbeen confirmed that the Israeli shooting last week was stopped by an armed student? If so, has that been brought up as an example to the legislators in getting the campus carry bill through? If it's true, we should be publicizing the hell out of that, but I've seen very little of it. Is it our media suppressing that small tidbit of information?

Dahwg

imported post

Notso wrote:
Hasn't itbeen confirmed that the Israeli shooting last week was stopped by an armed student? If so, has that been brought up as an example to the legislators in getting the campus carry bill through? If it's true, we should be publicizing the hell out of that, but I've seen very little of it. Is it our media suppressing that small tidbit of information?
Nope. It was a neighbor- a member of the Israeli Defense Force. Apparently the campus carry bill had some of the teeth taken out of it. It's a good start though.