Thread: Blachhawk cqc carbonfiber belt

Post imported post

New here and was wondering if any one has used a blackhawk cqc carbonfiber belt. i have a carbon fiber serpa for my glock 19 and 20 and am just wondering if anyone likes or dislikes the belt

Post imported post

I use the paddle, which comes with the kit. You have to install it but it takes like two seconds. I like it a lot better than the belt for easier adjustment.

I hate blackhawk's hype and marketing bs, and the fact that they are not actually level II retention. However, I greatly prefer the serpa level I system on the CQC to standard thumbreak holsters as I find them clumsy. Also, the serpa lock is more secure IMO.

theoretically I think the serpa lock is a better retention method against a grab than a thumb break. a gun grabber probably will not quickly figure out how to unlock, while a thumbreak is obvious. This is a very important consideration when OC'ing. True Level III would be ideal here, but I think CQC is a good compromise.

Quick criticism: the body side wall of the holsters have a piece of polymer that I can easily get to pull the trigger on a glock if you re-holster too quickly at an improper angle. It can happen even easier if your shirt or a fold of your shirt slips over the edge of the polymer. Very dangerous if you do not take care when re-holstering with one in the pipe. BE VERY CAREFUL. It would be stupid of you if you caused an AD/ND this way, but Blackhawk could have easily made this piece larger so that it would not fit in the trigger guard of the glock.

I use CQC on my glock 23, my FN 5.7 and for 1911's. All are comfortable (Except 1911 at 3 oclock on me), easy to draw, and secure when riding ATV's and the like. Never had any malfuntions. BTW, I love it for the 5.7.

Post imported post

I didn't know they had a carbon fiber belt. Link?
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

i dont know how to make a link but i found the belt at www.glockstore.com. i also found a lizard pattern on some other website.

Post imported post

Well i guess thats how you make a link. lol. but here is the item # To346

Post imported post

I haven't used BH belts. I got a few 5.11 Tactical belts last fall and it makes a big difference. We had a thread about what gun belt people wear a little while back with links and discussion IIRC.

here ya go:
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum62/6096-1.html

edit: fixed link
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

They're on sale for $26:
    http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=4103&C=C1071

**edit** I couldn't help myself and I ordered one myself. I also realized that it's only the Black Lizard print which is on sale, not the CF pattern.
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

Just got mine, and I love it.
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

I've had one for about a year and recommend it.

Aside from the carbon fiber-look pattern, the belt looks normal but is somewhat stiffer than usual - just right to support a holster+gun.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I have their lizard skin in black. Yeah only worth about $30. good enough, but will not likely last more than a couple of years. Again, worth $30 but not much more. Screws on the buckel are plastic. Has a plasticky feel, rather than leather. Really nice taper on the edges of the belt making the 1.5 inches seam less drastic.