• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Blachhawk cqc carbonfiber belt

glocksrock

imported post

New here and was wondering if any one has used a blackhawk cqc carbonfiber belt. i have a carbon fiber serpa for my glock 19 and 20 and am just wondering if anyone likes or dislikes the belt

bbvk05

imported post

I use the paddle, which comes with the kit. You have to install it but it takes like two seconds. I like it a lot better than the belt for easier adjustment.

I hate blackhawk's hype and marketing bs, and the fact that they are not actually level II retention. However, I greatly prefer the serpa level I system on the CQC to standard thumbreak holsters as I find them clumsy. Also, the serpa lock is more secure IMO.

theoretically I think the serpa lock is a better retention method against a grab than a thumb break. a gun grabber probably will not quickly figure out how to unlock, while a thumbreak is obvious. This is a very important consideration when OC'ing. True Level III would be ideal here, but I think CQC is a good compromise.

Quick criticism: the body side wall of the holsters have a piece of polymer that I can easily get to pull the trigger on a glock if you re-holster too quickly at an improper angle. It can happen even easier if your shirt or a fold of your shirt slips over the edge of the polymer. Very dangerous if you do not take care when re-holstering with one in the pipe. BE VERY CAREFUL. It would be stupid of you if you caused an AD/ND this way, but Blackhawk could have easily made this piece larger so that it would not fit in the trigger guard of the glock.

I use CQC on my glock 23, my FN 5.7 and for 1911's. All are comfortable (Except 1911 at 3 oclock on me), easy to draw, and secure when riding ATV's and the like. Never had any malfuntions. BTW, I love it for the 5.7.

xdfan

imported post

I've had one for about a year and recommend it.

Aside from the carbon fiber-look pattern, the belt looks normal but is somewhat stiffer than usual - just right to support a holster+gun.

Bflamante

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have their lizard skin in black. Yeah only worth about $30. good enough, but will not likely last more than a couple of years. Again, worth $30 but not much more. Screws on the buckel are plastic. Has a plasticky feel, rather than leather. Really nice taper on the edges of the belt making the 1.5 inches seam less drastic.