Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reports from Fairfax where a gun may have been useful

Post imported post

I like the politically correct terminology for "taser" used here. I think this lady was very luck, I'm glad she got away safely with her daughter.
    Burglary/Abduction in Annandale
    A 47-year-old Annandale-area woman and her 10-year-old daughter were asleep in their apartment when an intruder entered and attempted to sexually assault the mother.

On Tuesday, March 4 shortly before 2 a.m., the victim awoke to a noise in her bedroom. She saw a man standing at the foot of her bed. The suspect initially made physical contact with the victim on her bed. She was able to convince the suspect to allow her to check on her daughter. The victim and her daughter were able to flee the apartment unharmed and summon help.

Officers established a perimeter and could see the suspect still inside the apartment. They entered and confronted the suspect who initially resisted and was momentarily incapacitated when the conductive energy device was deployed. The suspect was not injured.

Alfredo M. Baxin, 31, of no fixed address, was transported to the Fairfax County Adult Detention center and charged with burglary, abduction and resisting arrest.

Post imported post

Is that the new terminology? Or did they buy some offbrand model, and they can't say Taser 'cause it's trademarked?

Post imported post

Maybe they through some water on the floor then touched it with a live wire.
    [line]

Turn loose the dog!!!!!!

The sting from a Taser last a few moments.
    The sting of a angry dog will last a few weeks and will be remembered forever.

EDIT:
    Just kidding.
    Glad he was caught.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Was the source the FCPD website?

Time for a blistering little e-mail campaign about the PC language?

"What are you trying to hide?" Etc. Etc.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen, my intent is to provide the stories (I think are of interest) directly from the Fairfax County PD news release site - the url is in the main header of the thread. If the concensus of the moderators feel this isn't a worth while thread, close it. I check the FCPD site everyday to see what's going on in the county and thought I'd share what I found.

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    .....The sting from a Taser last a few moments.
    The sting of a angry dog will last a few weeks and will be remembered forever......
    The sting from a .357, to the center of mass lasts forever.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

bohdi wrote:
    SNIP the url is in the main header of the thread.
    Thanks, I see it now that you've pointed it out.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

ABC Store Robbed
    Three teenagers stole liquor from the ABC Store at 6198 Arlington Boulevard on Tuesday, March 4 about 3:45 p.m. The young men walked into the store, one grabbed a couple of bottles and immediately walked out of the store. The 33-year-old, Falls Church-area clerk stopped the other two and demanded payment for the items. One of the suspects pulled out a knife and threatened the clerk. The remaining two suspects each grabbed a bottle and left the store. No one was injured.

The suspects were described as white, 5 feet 5 inches tall and between 150-180 pounds. They all wore blue jeans. One had a black T-shirt, another a blue T-shirt and the third a jersey with the number 7 on it and a white jacket.

Post imported post

Sa45auto wrote:
    Agent19 wrote:
    The sting of a angry dog will last a few weeks and will be remembered forever......
    I think if FCPD had reason/cause to shot the would be "SO" they would have.
    The resident would have been justified but didn't for whatever reason.
    Probably doesn't own a firearm.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

I'm thinking she probably didn't own a weapon either Agent.

Post imported post

If that is the caseI hope she rethinks that approach.

Maybe she will seek training and purchase a firearm.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    If that is the caseI hope she rethinks that approach.

Or, better yet, purchase a firearm and seek training, always better to train on the firearm you're going to use...
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Post imported post

Sa45auto wrote:
    Agent19 wrote:
    ....and forever may come before the bullet even stops....

Post imported post

bohdi wrote:
    ABC Store Robbed
    Three teenagers stole liquor from the ABC Store at 6198 Arlington Boulevard on Tuesday, March 4 about 3:45 p.m. The young men walked into the store, one grabbed a couple of bottles and immediately walked out of the store. The 33-year-old, Falls Church-area clerk stopped the other two and demanded payment for the items. One of the suspects pulled out a knife and threatened the clerk. The remaining two suspects each grabbed a bottle and left the store. No one was injured.

The suspects were described as white, 5 feet 5 inches tall and between 150-180 pounds. They all wore blue jeans. One had a black T-shirt, another a blue T-shirt and the third a jersey with the number 7 on it and a white jacket.
    ABC store clerks are state employees and I don't think they are allowed to carry while at work....but I could be wrong.

Post imported post

bohdi wrote:
    ABC Store Robbed

ABC store clerks are state employees and I don't think they are allowed to carry while at work...but I could be wrong.

Post imported post

Or, better yet, purchase a firearm and seek training, always better to train on the firearm you're going to use...
    I worded it that way for a reason.
    All the trainers I know that teach "First Timers" provide an assortment of firearms for their students to use .
    This allows the person a chance to sample a variety of guns/calibers, then the student can make a somewhat educated purchase.

But, I argee train with what you use/carry.

Edit:
    I know there are trainers out there that do not do this.
    The ones that do are usually FFL holders with a store or range owners/employees.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Note to self, if you see aperson walking toward you with a mask over their face, at night, with no obvious reason for the mask (like it's snowing), they might be trouble.....
    Armed Robbery in Fair Lakes Area
    On Thursday, March 27 around 11 p.m., a 33-year-old Fairfax man was robbed as he walked on Fair Ridge Drive. When he reached Sleepy Lake Drive, he was approached by a man with a gun. The suspect struck the victim in the head and demanded money. The victim did not have any money but handed over his cell phone. The suspect fled and the victim was not injured.

The suspect was described as black, about 6 feet tall and 180 pounds. He wore a mask over his face and dark clothing.

Post imported post

Citizen Captures Burglary Suspect
    On April 22, at approximately 5:30 p.m., two officers were conducting a traffic stop on Richmond Highway at Central Avenue, when a man flagged them down. The man alleged that his house had been burglarized, and he had the suspect in his vehicle. Officers found the suspect, Miguel Palma, 32, of no fixed address, in the car.

After an investigation, it was determined that the victim, a 61-year-old Alexandria- area man, returned to his home in the 8000 block of Capistrano Place, when he heard noises inside. As he investigated the sounds, he saw a man allegedly walk out the front door with items in his hands. The victim determined that several items were missing from his house. He went looking for the suspect and found Palma walking down the street. The victim asked Palma to get in his vehicle and Palma complied. He was driving to the Police Station when he happened upon the two officers.

Palma has been charged with burglary, grand larceny, grand larceny with intent to sell, and larceny of credit cards. He was transported to the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center.

Post imported post

Neighbor Catches Suspected Peeper
    A neighbor takes action after seeing a suspected prowler. On Saturday, May 5 around 11:15 p.m., a 40-year-old man and his 37-year-old wife heard noises in their home in the 6200 block of Cheryl Drive in the Falls Church area of Fairfax County. The victims then saw the mail slot of their front door open and two eyes peered inside. The victims opened the door to confront the suspect, who was now being held at gunpoint by a 41-year-old neighbor. The suspect was held at bay until police arrived. No one was injured.

Carlos Mendez Romero, 18, of 3430 Charles Street in Falls Church, was arrested and taken to the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center where he was charged with peeping.

Post imported post

bohdi wrote:
    On April 22, at approximately 5:30 p.m., two officers were conducting a traffic stop on Richmond Highway at Central Avenue, when a man flagged them down. The man alleged that his house had been burglarized, and he had the suspect in his vehicle. Officers found the suspect, Miguel Palma, 32, of no fixed address, in the car.

After an investigation, it was determined that the victim, a 61-year-old Alexandria- area man, returned to his home in the 8000 block of Capistrano Place, when he heard noises inside. As he investigated the sounds, he saw a man allegedly walk out the front door with items in his hands. The victim determined that several items were missing from his house. He went looking for the suspect and found Palma walking down the street. The victim asked Palma to get in his vehicle and Palma complied. He was driving to the Police Station when he happened upon the two officers.

Palma has been charged with burglary, grand larceny, grand larceny with intent to sell, and larceny of credit cards. He was transported to the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center.
    That is absolutely bizzare! Why would the BG just get into the car instead of running and why would you want someone like that in your car with you??? Unless they left out the fact that the old guy had a gun.

Post imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
    bohdi wrote:

That is absolutely bizzare! Why would the BG just get into the car instead of running and why would you want someone like that in your car with you??? Unless they left out the fact that the old guy had a gun.
    That's why I'm wondering if maybe the victim didn't have a gun and it wasn't reported? I am not about to hop into a stranger's car, especially if I just ran off with a bunch of stuff I just stole - not that I'm into thieving but going with the example - that's just nuts.

Post imported post

Victim Shoots Suspect during Alleged Attempted Robbery
    A 27-year-old man was shot by his robbery victim early Sunday morning during an attempted robbery. Around 2:30 a.m. on June 10, four employees of the AMF Bowling Alley, located at 6228 North Kings Highway in the Penn Daw area, were closing up the business. They exited and were locking the doors when they were approached by two masked men with guns. The suspects forced the victims back inside the closed business and announced the robbery. One of the victims, a 22-year-old Alexandria-area man, grabbed his own weapon and shot one of the suspects. The second suspect fired rounds at the victim as the victim ran outside.

The injured suspect, Ronald Whaley, ran outside but was unable to flee due to his injuries. The second suspect fled in a black-colored sedan. The victim was not injured. Whaley was transported to Inova Fairfax Hospital and treated for his non life-threatening injuries. On Monday, June 11, detectives served warrants on Whaley at Inova Fairfax Hospital. Ronald Whaley, of 411 Lakeview Drive in Temple Hills, Maryland, was charged with attempted robbery, abduction, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony and attempted aggravated malicious wounding. Detectives are still looking for the second suspect, described as black and driving a black-colored vehicle.

Post imported post

bohdi wrote:
    That's why I'm wondering if maybe the victim didn't have a gun and it wasn't reported? I am not about to hop into a stranger's car, especially if I just ran off with a bunch of stuff I just stole - not that I'm into thieving but going with the example - that's just nuts.
    I just noticed it says the BG had no fixed address. Maybe he was extremely compliant and really was glad to get caught so he'd have a meal and a roof? Also you don't really have to protest your innocence unless....... :^).

Post imported post

edited to refresh

Post imported post

bohdi wrote:
    Here is a nifty tool compliments of Fairfax County PD

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/...ighborhood.htm
    I get a 404 error when I do as instructed on this page. Do you have a direct link? Is it actually up and running?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast