• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reports from Fairfax where a gun may have been useful

bohdi

imported post

I like the politically correct terminology for "taser" used here. I think this lady was very luck, I'm glad she got away safely with her daughter.
Burglary/Abduction in Annandale
A 47-year-old Annandale-area woman and her 10-year-old daughter were asleep in their apartment when an intruder entered and attempted to sexually assault the mother.

On Tuesday, March 4 shortly before 2 a.m., the victim awoke to a noise in her bedroom. She saw a man standing at the foot of her bed. The suspect initially made physical contact with the victim on her bed. She was able to convince the suspect to allow her to check on her daughter. The victim and her daughter were able to flee the apartment unharmed and summon help.

Officers established a perimeter and could see the suspect still inside the apartment. They entered and confronted the suspect who initially resisted and was momentarily incapacitated when the conductive energy device was deployed. The suspect was not injured.

Alfredo M. Baxin, 31, of no fixed address, was transported to the Fairfax County Adult Detention center and charged with burglary, abduction and resisting arrest.

Marco

imported post

Maybe they through some water on the floor then touched it with a live wire.
[line]

Turn loose the dog!!!!!!

The sting from a Taser last a few moments.
The sting of a angry dog will last a few weeks and will be remembered forever.:lol:

EDIT:
Just kidding. ;)
Glad he was caught.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Was the source the FCPD website?

Time for a blistering little e-mail campaign about the PC language?

"What are you trying to hide?" Etc. Etc.

bohdi

imported post

Citizen, my intent is to provide the stories (I think are of interest) directly from the Fairfax County PD news release site - the url is in the main header of the thread. If the concensus of the moderators feel this isn't a worth while thread, close it. I check the FCPD site everyday to see what's going on in the county and thought I'd share what I found.

Sa45auto

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
.....The sting from a Taser last a few moments.
The sting of a angry dog will last a few weeks and will be remembered forever.:lol:.....
The sting from a .357, to the center of mass lasts forever.

bohdi

imported post

ABC Store Robbed
Three teenagers stole liquor from the ABC Store at 6198 Arlington Boulevard on Tuesday, March 4 about 3:45 p.m. The young men walked into the store, one grabbed a couple of bottles and immediately walked out of the store. The 33-year-old, Falls Church-area clerk stopped the other two and demanded payment for the items. One of the suspects pulled out a knife and threatened the clerk. The remaining two suspects each grabbed a bottle and left the store. No one was injured.

The suspects were described as white, 5 feet 5 inches tall and between 150-180 pounds. They all wore blue jeans. One had a black T-shirt, another a blue T-shirt and the third a jersey with the number 7 on it and a white jacket.

Marco

imported post

Sa45auto wrote:
Agent19 wrote:
The sting of a angry dog will last a few weeks and will be remembered forever.:lol:.....
I think if FCPD had reason/cause to shot the would be "SO" they would have.
The resident would have been justified but didn't for whatever reason.
Probably doesn't own a firearm.

Marco

imported post

If that is the caseI hope she rethinks that approach.

Maybe she will seek training and purchase a firearm.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Agent19 wrote:
If that is the caseI hope she rethinks that approach.

Or, better yet, purchase a firearm and seek training, always better to train on the firearm you're going to use...

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sa45auto wrote:
Agent19 wrote:
....and forever may come before the bullet even stops....:exclaim:

cbigbrick

imported post

bohdi wrote:
ABC Store Robbed
Three teenagers stole liquor from the ABC Store at 6198 Arlington Boulevard on Tuesday, March 4 about 3:45 p.m. The young men walked into the store, one grabbed a couple of bottles and immediately walked out of the store. The 33-year-old, Falls Church-area clerk stopped the other two and demanded payment for the items. One of the suspects pulled out a knife and threatened the clerk. The remaining two suspects each grabbed a bottle and left the store. No one was injured.

The suspects were described as white, 5 feet 5 inches tall and between 150-180 pounds. They all wore blue jeans. One had a black T-shirt, another a blue T-shirt and the third a jersey with the number 7 on it and a white jacket.
ABC store clerks are state employees and I don't think they are allowed to carry while at work....but I could be wrong.

cbigbrick

imported post

bohdi wrote:
ABC Store Robbed

ABC store clerks are state employees and I don't think they are allowed to carry while at work...but I could be wrong.

Marco

imported post

Or, better yet, purchase a firearm and seek training, always better to train on the firearm you're going to use...

I worded it that way for a reason.
All the trainers I know that teach "First Timers" provide an assortment of firearms for their students to use .
This allows the person a chance to sample a variety of guns/calibers, then the student can make a somewhat educated purchase.

But, I argee train with what you use/carry.

Edit:
I know there are trainers out there that do not do this.
The ones that do are usually FFL holders with a store or range owners/employees.

bohdi

imported post

Note to self, if you see aperson walking toward you with a mask over their face, at night, with no obvious reason for the mask (like it's snowing), they might be trouble.....
Armed Robbery in Fair Lakes Area
On Thursday, March 27 around 11 p.m., a 33-year-old Fairfax man was robbed as he walked on Fair Ridge Drive. When he reached Sleepy Lake Drive, he was approached by a man with a gun. The suspect struck the victim in the head and demanded money. The victim did not have any money but handed over his cell phone. The suspect fled and the victim was not injured.

The suspect was described as black, about 6 feet tall and 180 pounds. He wore a mask over his face and dark clothing.

bohdi

imported post

[align=center]Citizen Captures Burglary Suspect
On April 22, at approximately 5:30 p.m., two officers were conducting a traffic stop on Richmond Highway at Central Avenue, when a man flagged them down. The man alleged that his house had been burglarized, and he had the suspect in his vehicle. Officers found the suspect, Miguel Palma, 32, of no fixed address, in the car. [/align]
After an investigation, it was determined that the victim, a 61-year-old Alexandria- area man, returned to his home in the 8000 block of Capistrano Place, when he heard noises inside. As he investigated the sounds, he saw a man allegedly walk out the front door with items in his hands. The victim determined that several items were missing from his house. He went looking for the suspect and found Palma walking down the street. The victim asked Palma to get in his vehicle and Palma complied. He was driving to the Police Station when he happened upon the two officers.

Palma has been charged with burglary, grand larceny, grand larceny with intent to sell, and larceny of credit cards. He was transported to the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center.

bohdi

imported post

[align=center]Neighbor Catches Suspected Peeper
A neighbor takes action after seeing a suspected prowler. On Saturday, May 5 around 11:15 p.m., a 40-year-old man and his 37-year-old wife heard noises in their home in the 6200 block of Cheryl Drive in the Falls Church area of Fairfax County. The victims then saw the mail slot of their front door open and two eyes peered inside. The victims opened the door to confront the suspect, who was now being held at gunpoint by a 41-year-old neighbor. The suspect was held at bay until police arrived. No one was injured. [/align]
Carlos Mendez Romero, 18, of 3430 Charles Street in Falls Church, was arrested and taken to the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center where he was charged with peeping.

Neplusultra

imported post

bohdi wrote:
[align=center]Citizen Captures Burglary Suspect
On April 22, at approximately 5:30 p.m., two officers were conducting a traffic stop on Richmond Highway at Central Avenue, when a man flagged them down. The man alleged that his house had been burglarized, and he had the suspect in his vehicle. Officers found the suspect, Miguel Palma, 32, of no fixed address, in the car. [/align]
After an investigation, it was determined that the victim, a 61-year-old Alexandria- area man, returned to his home in the 8000 block of Capistrano Place, when he heard noises inside. As he investigated the sounds, he saw a man allegedly walk out the front door with items in his hands. The victim determined that several items were missing from his house. He went looking for the suspect and found Palma walking down the street. The victim asked Palma to get in his vehicle and Palma complied. He was driving to the Police Station when he happened upon the two officers.

Palma has been charged with burglary, grand larceny, grand larceny with intent to sell, and larceny of credit cards. He was transported to the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center.
That is absolutely bizzare! Why would the BG just get into the car instead of running and why would you want someone like that in your car with you??? Unless they left out the fact that the old guy had a gun.