• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reports from Fairfax where a gun may have been useful

bohdi

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
bohdi wrote:
[align=center]Citizen Captures Burglary Suspect
On April 22, at approximately 5:30 p.m., two officers were conducting a traffic stop on Richmond Highway at Central Avenue, when a man flagged them down. The man alleged that his house had been burglarized, and he had the suspect in his vehicle. Officers found the suspect, Miguel Palma, 32, of no fixed address, in the car. [/align]
After an investigation, it was determined that the victim, a 61-year-old Alexandria- area man, returned to his home in the 8000 block of Capistrano Place, when he heard noises inside. As he investigated the sounds, he saw a man allegedly walk out the front door with items in his hands. The victim determined that several items were missing from his house. He went looking for the suspect and found Palma walking down the street. The victim asked Palma to get in his vehicle and Palma complied. He was driving to the Police Station when he happened upon the two officers.

Palma has been charged with burglary, grand larceny, grand larceny with intent to sell, and larceny of credit cards. He was transported to the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center.
That is absolutely bizzare! Why would the BG just get into the car instead of running and why would you want someone like that in your car with you??? Unless they left out the fact that the old guy had a gun.
That's why I'm wondering if maybe the victim didn't have a gun and it wasn't reported? I am not about to hop into a stranger's car, especially if I just ran off with a bunch of stuff I just stole - not that I'm into thieving but going with the example - that's just nuts.

bohdi

imported post

[align=center]Victim Shoots Suspect during Alleged Attempted Robbery
A 27-year-old man was shot by his robbery victim early Sunday morning during an attempted robbery. Around 2:30 a.m. on June 10, four employees of the AMF Bowling Alley, located at 6228 North Kings Highway in the Penn Daw area, were closing up the business. They exited and were locking the doors when they were approached by two masked men with guns. The suspects forced the victims back inside the closed business and announced the robbery. One of the victims, a 22-year-old Alexandria-area man, grabbed his own weapon and shot one of the suspects. The second suspect fired rounds at the victim as the victim ran outside. [/align]
The injured suspect, Ronald Whaley, ran outside but was unable to flee due to his injuries. The second suspect fled in a black-colored sedan. The victim was not injured. Whaley was transported to Inova Fairfax Hospital and treated for his non life-threatening injuries. On Monday, June 11, detectives served warrants on Whaley at Inova Fairfax Hospital. Ronald Whaley, of 411 Lakeview Drive in Temple Hills, Maryland, was charged with attempted robbery, abduction, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony and attempted aggravated malicious wounding. Detectives are still looking for the second suspect, described as black and driving a black-colored vehicle.

Neplusultra

imported post

bohdi wrote:
That's why I'm wondering if maybe the victim didn't have a gun and it wasn't reported? I am not about to hop into a stranger's car, especially if I just ran off with a bunch of stuff I just stole - not that I'm into thieving but going with the example - that's just nuts.
I just noticed it says the BG had no fixed address. Maybe he was extremely compliant and really was glad to get caught so he'd have a meal and a roof? Also you don't really have to protest your innocence unless....... :^).

Neplusultra

imported post

bohdi wrote:
Here is a nifty tool compliments of Fairfax County PD

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/

Right hand side, under "Quick Links" - Click on "Incident Mapping".

Agree to the disclaimer at the bottom, then choose your resolution.
Worked that time. All sorts of reports around Rt 1 in Mount Vernon, non in my parent's neighborhood. Amazing how localized it is.