• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Va. Bch New Guy with question

DocV

imported post

Good Evening:

I was referred to this forum from another gun group I belong to. I just read today's Virginia Pilot and they mentioned a group in Virginia Beach that supports open carry and gets together monthly for dinner at local restaurants.

Is there a schedule that is available? I'm new to the area and would like to meet a few folks and lend my support.

Thanks for your time.

R/ DocV

OBXMIKE

imported post

Welcome to the forum, Doc!

The topic stays pretty near the top, just look for OC dinner/lunch or similar titles.

I've only been able to attend one event so far, and it was very enjoyable. Good bunch of folks 'round here!

BTW, what kinda rig do you like to sport when you're out and about?

dude

imported post

Hey Doc,

Keep an eye out for "Tidewater OC Dinner [month]". There's no set schedule I can tell, just whenever people are able to coordinate a time/place. Both locations and times seem to change to accomodate the groups varing schedule. I've only been able to make one so far myself.

Here is the lastest thread for this month:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/8502.html

DocV

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Don't we have a rule that the new guy buys at his first dinner? :D

Hmmm. That seems to happen to me a lot lately...;)

Thank you for the information gentlemen. I will keep an eye on the posts.

R/

DocV

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

Hi DocV welcome aboard. We get together about ever 2-3 weeks. The last get together was on the Southside so the next one will probably be in Hampton. Hope to see you there.

M4arc

imported post

I hope DocV doesn't mine me jumping in here too but I'm a newbie from Virginia Beach as well and would love to hit the next Tidewater dinner as well.

- Marc

C45P312

imported post

Welcome. The one held this past tuesday was my first dinner as well. Great turn out with great people. Loved hearing people's stories and experiences adn thoughts on certain subjects. You won't be out of place, I can promise you that. I was probably the only one that didn't OC at the dinner and that's because I just came frm class. Nonetheless, the next one will definitley be on the other side of the water since the last one as in VA beach

-Carlo

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

M4arc wrote:
I hope DocV doesn't mine me jumping in here too but I'm a newbie from Virginia Beach as well and would love to hit the next Tidewater dinner as well.

- Marc
You?!? It's about time you showed up here!

Welcome aboard Bro!

The dinners are a good time. I wish I could make it to more of them.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

DocV wrote:
Good Evening:

I was referred to this forum from another gun group I belong to. I just read today's Virginia Pilot and they mentioned a group in Virginia Beach that supports open carry and gets together monthly for dinner at local restaurants.

Is there a schedule that is available? I'm new to the area and would like to meet a few folks and lend my support.

Thanks for your time.

R/ DocV
Welcome to OCDO!

DocV

imported post

pourshot wrote:
DocV wrote:
I'm new to the area and would like to meet a few folks and lend my support.

If you are new here, where you from?

PCS'd here from Mayport, Fl 7 months ago, just in time to do a 6 month deployment. We got back a few weeks ago so I'm just learning the area.

R/ DocV

DocV

imported post

pourshot wrote:
DocV wrote:
...I'm new to the area and would like to meet a few folks and lend my support.

Iffn you be new here stranger...whard ya come from?

Seriously, welcome and if it was from out of state you really should check out http://www.vcdl.org Virginia's premier gun rights organization.

Courtesy of a gentelman on arfcom I recieved a 1 year membership. I try to get active with local organizations wherever I get stationed.

R/

DocV

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DocV wrote:
Courtesy of a gentelman on arfcom I recieved a 1 year membership. I try to get active with local organizations wherever I get stationed.

R/

DocV

Send a note to Leadership@vcdl.org and they will send that on to some folks a bit more local to you.

Also, if you have not done so yet, you need to sign up for the VA-Alert at the www.vcdl.org web site. Great newsletter and it is FREE!

Wooley

imported post

DocV, what'd you do in Mayport? Its the best kept secret in the Navy! I was at an HSL there from 00-04.

By the way, I'm working in Cheesypeake this weekend. I'd be more than happy to meet ya before or after a game and grab a bite to eat.

Welcome!

Bubba Ron

imported post

DocV wrote:
DocV, WELCOME and check your Private Messages....

DocV

imported post

Wooley wrote:
DocV, what'd you do in Mayport? Its the best kept secret in the Navy! I was at an HSL there from 00-04.

By the way, I'm working in Cheesypeake this weekend. I'd be more than happy to meet ya before or after a game and grab a bite to eat.

Welcome!

I was stationed on the JFK intil the decomm.

Would like to take you up on your offer, but this is a Scout weekend and I have a lot of catching up to do with my boys.

DocV

DocV

imported post

Wooley wrote:
If you get a chance, I'm reffing the JR Whalers hockey game at 7pm Sat night.

I hate to admit my ignorance, but I'm still learning the area. I can get from home to the base, but not much more.

R/

DocV