Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pierce County Parks

Post imported post

I sent an email to the Pierce county parks regarding their signs at 10:21 this morning. At 3:46I received the following:

Hi Chris : Thanks for making us aware of the wording on the Narrows Park Sign. We are currently working on a code revision to address this issue. In the meantime I have instructed my staff to cover over the firearms wording on the old signs at this time. We are currently in the process of developing the wording on the new signs that will replace the old ones. Thanks Again & Please feel free contact me if you would like talk more on this issue. Kent

Kent Baskett

Post imported post

BTW, that’s five hours and 25 minutes. I don’t know what Ajet’s problem is. :P

Post imported post

that's awesome. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Post imported post

Mainsail wrote:
    BTW, that’s five hours and 25 minutes.* I don’t know what Ajet’s problem is. :P
    Haha. Poor guy

Post imported post

No horses. No booze. No firearms, fireworks, fires, or anything with the word fire in it. No motorized vehicles... NO FUN!!

Sounds like a pretty boring park to me.

Post imported post

DrewGunner wrote:
    No horses. No booze. No firearms, fireworks, fires, or anything with the word fire in it. No motorized vehicles... NO FUN!!

Sounds like a pretty boring park to me.
    ROFL!

Good work on that, Mainsail. Glad to hear they're toeing the line in regards to state preemption.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

State Researcher

Post imported post

Good work! I wonder how long it would have gone unchanged without some prodding???

Post imported post

I mailed them quite a while back and never got any reply, and didn't have much time to pursue it then......maybe a combination of different letters finally got someone to listen........

Post imported post

Saweet, thanks for the leg work..

Post imported post

Mainsail wrote:
    Okay, I'm back in town now. I had to spend six days, unarmed, in the People's Republic of Kalifornia. Onmy drive home yesterday, I took the first exit after crossing back into Washington State, pulled my Kimber out of the trunk, loaded it, and holstered it on my hip. You have no idea how good that felt!

Now, if I could just get Kitsap County to get their head screwed on right about their parks ordinance, life would be wonderful. I've written letters, sent emails, and spoken at Commissioner's Meetings, all to no avail. What's a poor pilot to do?

Maybe I should convince Mainsail to move back to the peninsula. What do ya say, partner?

Post imported post

Washington... hell I woulda done it right at the OREGON border!

Post imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
    Mainsail wrote:
    Okay, I'm back in town now. I had to spend six days, unarmed, in the People's Republic of Kalifornia. Onmy drive home yesterday, I took the first exit after crossing back into Washington State, pulled my Kimber out of the trunk, loaded it, and holstered it on my hip. You have no idea how good that felt!

Now, if I could just get Kitsap County to get their head screwed on right about their parks ordinance, life would be wonderful. I've written letters, sent emails, and spoken at Commissioner's Meetings, all to no avail. What's a poor pilot to do?

Maybe I should convince Mainsail to move back to the peninsula. What do ya say, partner?
    Well, if it's OK with the Mrs count me in. Do we rotate who cooks dinner?

I'll PM you the letter I wrote. BTW, I stopped at the Narrows Park and the sign is still the same.

Post imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
    Mainsail wrote:

Why didn't you stop just over the Oregon border and load the thing there and carry it next to you on the seat thruOregon, because that's legal there.

Post imported post

AJETPILOT, Bruce, I have finished the Blue Angels CD...how do you want to go about getting it?

AND...how would you like to take a check ride in this bird?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

Trigger Dr,

What (and where) is it???

Post imported post

That, if I am not mistaken, is a Fouga CM.170 Magister jet trainer, 1950s-era French.

Back on topic, I think the signs in Rainier Vista Park here in Lacey say it's illegal to carry a firearm under some municipal ordinance. I should hassle the Parks & Rec department about that.

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
    AJETPILOT, Bruce, I have finished the Blue Angels CD...how do you want to go about getting it?

AND...how would you like to take a check ride in this bird?
    English or Canadian built, but what? Twin jet trainer of some sort I would guess.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Euromutt wrote:
    That, if I am not mistaken, is a Fouga CM.170 Magister jet trainer, 1950s-era French.

Back on topic, I think the signs in Rainier Vista Park here in Lacey say it's illegal to carry a firearm under some municipal ordinance. I should hassle the Parks & Rec department about that.
    It's fun, and gives you something to do. You know, keeps ya' off the streets :-)

Post imported post

That's at Boeing Field on Airport Way just in Seattle. I go by that plane every day on the way to work while riding the Sounder.

Post imported post

Euromutt is correct...French trainer. About $450.00 per hour to fly.

Jim

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:

Hi Jim. I'll PM you.

Post imported post

So weapons are allowed by law in WA state parks? I've been wondering this.

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar

Post imported post

I have seen no law that would forbid them.

The ranger never said anything about the one I was OC'ing when Iwas in her office renewing myGeocache permit a few months back.

Post imported post

There's some nuances from the Hunting rules and reg's that could apply if you were hunting, but nothing if you're not hunting. I'll list/paraphrase them here just the same:

Section 3.b) If you're archery hunting, it's illegal to have a firearm in your possession. (page 57 on PDF, page 65 in brochure)

There are Firearms Restriction Areas, defined on page 59-60 on PDF, page 67-68 in brochure. Those areas are restrictions for "centerfire and rimfire rifles" to be used for hunting. This does not say anything about handguns or anything regarding self-defense.

Loaded rifles or shotguns may not be carried, conveyed, possessed, controlled or transported in or on a motor vehicle. (page 55 on PDF, page 63 in brochure) "Loaded" means it contains live ammo in EITHER the chamber OR the magazine. There is no stipulation as to handguns, but we all know that you must have a CPL to carry a loaded handgun in a vehicle.

The brochure PDF: http://wdfw.wa.gov/wlm/game/hunter/huntregs2007.pdf

I am not a lawyer or legal official.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

So weapons are allowed by law in WA state parks? I've been wondering this.
    A year or so ago the State Parks and Rec. Commission changed the State Parks rules to allow guns in compliance with state law. They apperently did this to comply with state preemtion. I'm sorry I don't have a source for you. I would look at archives of the Commission meetings to get the details.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast