• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pierce County Parks

Mainsail

imported post

I sent an email to the Pierce county parks regarding their signs at 10:21 this morning. At 3:46I received the following:

Hi Chris : Thanks for making us aware of the wording on the Narrows Park Sign. We are currently working on a code revision to address this issue. In the meantime I have instructed my staff to cover over the firearms wording on the old signs at this time. We are currently in the process of developing the wording on the new signs that will replace the old ones. Thanks Again & Please feel free contact me if you would like talk more on this issue. Kent

Kent Baskett

f73e245b-c157-4a72-9a09-796fad697680.jpg

DrewGunner

imported post

No horses. No booze. No firearms, fireworks, fires, or anything with the word fire in it. No motorized vehicles... NO FUN!!

Sounds like a pretty boring park to me.

just_a_car

imported post

DrewGunner wrote:
No horses. No booze. No firearms, fireworks, fires, or anything with the word fire in it. No motorized vehicles... NO FUN!!

Sounds like a pretty boring park to me.
ROFL!

Good work on that, Mainsail. Glad to hear they're toeing the line in regards to state preemption.

compmanio365

imported post

I mailed them quite a while back and never got any reply, and didn't have much time to pursue it then......maybe a combination of different letters finally got someone to listen........

Ajetpilot

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
BTW, that’s five hours and 25 minutes. I don’t know what Ajet’s problem is. :p

Okay, I'm back in town now. I had to spend six days, unarmed, in the People's Republic of Kalifornia. Onmy drive home yesterday, I took the first exit after crossing back into Washington State, pulled my Kimber out of the trunk, loaded it, and holstered it on my hip. You have no idea how good that felt!

Now, if I could just get Kitsap County to get their head screwed on right about their parks ordinance, life would be wonderful. I've written letters, sent emails, and spoken at Commissioner's Meetings, all to no avail. What's a poor pilot to do?

Maybe I should convince Mainsail to move back to the peninsula. What do ya say, partner?

Mainsail

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
Mainsail wrote:

Okay, I'm back in town now. I had to spend six days, unarmed, in the People's Republic of Kalifornia. Onmy drive home yesterday, I took the first exit after crossing back into Washington State, pulled my Kimber out of the trunk, loaded it, and holstered it on my hip. You have no idea how good that felt!

Now, if I could just get Kitsap County to get their head screwed on right about their parks ordinance, life would be wonderful. I've written letters, sent emails, and spoken at Commissioner's Meetings, all to no avail. What's a poor pilot to do?

Maybe I should convince Mainsail to move back to the peninsula. What do ya say, partner?
Well, if it's OK with the Mrs count me in. Do we rotate who cooks dinner?

I'll PM you the letter I wrote. BTW, I stopped at the Narrows Park and the sign is still the same.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
Mainsail wrote:

Why didn't you stop just over the Oregon border and load the thing there and carry it next to you on the seat thruOregon, because that's legal there.

Trigger Dr

imported post

AJETPILOT, Bruce, I have finished the Blue Angels CD...how do you want to go about getting it?

AND...how would you like to take a check ride in this bird?

Attachments

• fastone.JPG
    fastone.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 262

Euromutt

imported post

That, if I am not mistaken, is a Fouga CM.170 Magister jet trainer, 1950s-era French.

Back on topic, I think the signs in Rainier Vista Park here in Lacey say it's illegal to carry a firearm under some municipal ordinance. I should hassle the Parks & Rec department about that.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
AJETPILOT, Bruce, I have finished the Blue Angels CD...how do you want to go about getting it?

AND...how would you like to take a check ride in this bird?
English or Canadian built, but what? Twin jet trainer of some sort I would guess.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Euromutt wrote:
That, if I am not mistaken, is a Fouga CM.170 Magister jet trainer, 1950s-era French.

Back on topic, I think the signs in Rainier Vista Park here in Lacey say it's illegal to carry a firearm under some municipal ordinance. I should hassle the Parks & Rec department about that.
It's fun, and gives you something to do. You know, keeps ya' off the streets :)