• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

oc in marion va.

saluney

imported post

I always wondered how the county deputys and local town LEO's were down there. I'm origanly from that area.The Leo"s kinda made law as they went along..

ggd276

imported post

im from buchanan co va.next to ky,they make it up as it goes too

saluney

imported post

My next trip home[Grundy] i might open carry as i usually cc,some heavy handed town cop there i hear. I might e-mail Sheriff Foster to see if his deputys are properly informed. New CA there also...:question:

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

ggd276 wrote:
anyone oc in marion va. ? if so did it go well?
Your friendly neighborhood administrator (me) grew up in Troutdale and currently lives in Bristol.

I open carry in Marion all the time. Not a single glance or word.

Welcome to open carry!

John

JH

imported post

Chilhowie here, will keep a eye out for you guys.

Jerry

ggd276

imported post

i took your class at troutdale it was very informed,and things to know.