• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shots fired last night??

disconnect

imported post

Did anybody else in the Dyer/Munster/Lansing/Lynwood area hear that last night around 12:30?? It lasted for about 15 minutes, on and off bursts of shots. It seemed to me like it was coming from the forrest preserve in Cook County. The police department received 14 calls regarding it from all over town (dyer), but by the time they got out there to listen the gunfire had ceased........... What do you guys think??

bongo968

imported post

I had a friend on the Crete PD, and all the surrounding communities would let their swat teams and snipers cull the heard in the area just north of Joe Ore and west of state.He is a bow hunter and it really pissed him off because they(police) would just pile them up by a Com ED substation you can access just b4 you go under the rr tracks by Joe Ore East of halsted. They had deer maimed running across Halsted into subdivisions, some in the middle of halsted itself. He knew this because he used to also work for conservation. He told me of a couple times that a shot would be heard and one cop would call the others and no one claimed the shot, and the decision was made to eas their way out of the area as this is always done at night, and they'd rather let a poacher get away than put one of the officers from getting shot. Night vision makes things dangerous if you don't know who is who, and thats a big risk simply for poaching. Have to give the PD credit for that kind of thinking, only thing they did wrong was to stack the pile of dead deer by the Com Ed substation to rot when it could have gone to feed the homeless. I'm sure nobody in the area noticed, considering the smell that came the chemical supply plant on the corner of State and Joe Ord.span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

disconnect wrote:
Did anybody else in the Dyer/Munster/Lansing/Lynwood area hear that last night around 12:30?? It lasted for about 15 minutes, on and off bursts of shots. It seemed to me like it was coming from the forrest preserve in Cook County. The police department received 14 calls regarding it from all over town (dyer), but by the time they got out there to listen the gunfire had ceased........... What do you guys think??
Probably someones birthday...

disconnect

imported post

ha ha ha.... yeah when i talked to some of the guys in the morning, they claimed it was "just hunters out there in the woods." okaaayy..... thats so safe.