Thread: Open carry a long road to acceptance

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

You know it's sad when people that are suppose to be pro-gun are so short-sighted or misinformed that they can't support one's right to open carry.

For example, I posted information on a Michigan sportsman website http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/fo...splay.php?f=10 (see thread open carry not just for hunting). And granted it's primarily about hunting and other outdoor activities but I posted in with an outdoor theme, hunting, hiking, etc. I could not believe the myths and BS spouted aboutopen carry. The first time they locked the thread because I asked for citations for their erroneous posts and they couldn't do it so they took their ball and went home. I posted it again and it was left up for a few days, but now has been moved to the comedy section, effectively burying it, and symbolically giving me the finger. Sad just sad.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

I find a lot of gun owner's who consider themselves primarily "sportsmen" are myopic about the larger issues regarding their rights. Since the Hillarys and Obamas say that the RKBA for hunting and sporting events should not be infringed, it is as if they think those of us who have and carry self-defense weapons just went away this would not longer be an issue. They will find out how wrong they are about that as the government agent rips their cherished hunting rifle from their hands.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    I find a lot of gun owner's who consider themselves primarily "sportsmen" are myopic about the larger issues regarding their rights. Since the Hillarys and Obamas say that the RKBA for hunting and sporting events should not be infringed, it is as if they think those of us who have and carry self-defense weapons just went away this would not longer be an issue. They will find out how wrong they are about that as the government agent rips their cherished hunting rifle from their hands.
    Who was it that rewrote "They First Came..." for gun owners?
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.