• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry a long road to acceptance

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

You know it's sad when people that are suppose to be pro-gun are so short-sighted or misinformed that they can't support one's right to open carry.

For example, I posted information on a Michigan sportsman website http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10 (see thread open carry not just for hunting). And granted it's primarily about hunting and other outdoor activities but I posted in with an outdoor theme, hunting, hiking, etc. I could not believe the myths and BS spouted aboutopen carry. The first time they locked the thread because I asked for citations for their erroneous posts and they couldn't do it so they took their ball and went home. I posted it again and it was left up for a few days, but now has been moved to the comedy section, effectively burying it, and symbolically giving me the finger. Sad just sad.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I find a lot of gun owner's who consider themselves primarily "sportsmen" are myopic about the larger issues regarding their rights. Since the Hillarys and Obamas say that the RKBA for hunting and sporting events should not be infringed, it is as if they think those of us who have and carry self-defense weapons just went away this would not longer be an issue. They will find out how wrong they are about that as the government agent rips their cherished hunting rifle from their hands.

AbNo

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
I find a lot of gun owner's who consider themselves primarily "sportsmen" are myopic about the larger issues regarding their rights. Since the Hillarys and Obamas say that the RKBA for hunting and sporting events should not be infringed, it is as if they think those of us who have and carry self-defense weapons just went away this would not longer be an issue. They will find out how wrong they are about that as the government agent rips their cherished hunting rifle from their hands.

Who was it that rewrote "They First Came..." for gun owners?