• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Indianapolis Open Carry Outing

Shinz1212

imported post

I would like to get as many together as possible and visit some sporting outlets and end up at a higher end restaurant. Anybody wanna chime in?

Skippy

imported post

Beau wrote:
I'm down. I'm not sure about visiting multiple places though. Maybe lunch at Applebees in the mall. Or Dennys.
Carrying at the mall will get you ejected. All Simon Malls are VDZ's.

Beau

imported post

Skippy wrote:
Beau wrote:
I'm down. I'm not sure about visiting multiple places though. Maybe lunch at Applebees in the mall. Or Dennys.

That is true. However I would say that since there is an outside entrance into Applebees that doesn't require you to actually enter the mall their little rule is moot.

They would say that since Applebees rents space from Simon Malls it is still Simon Mall property.

Could be argued either way.

I wonder if it would make a difference if Applebees actually owns the space as opposed to just renting.

Skippy

imported post

Beau wrote:
Skippy wrote:
Beau wrote:

That is true. However I would say that since there is an outside entrance into Applebees that doesn't require you to actually enter the mall their little rule is moot.

They would say that since Applebees rents space from Simon Malls it is still Simon Mall property.

Could be argued either way.

I wonder if it would make a difference if Applebees actually owns the space as opposed to just renting.
That's a good question. I'd suggest that since Simon owns the property (including the parking lot and the external entrance) that Simon security could probably enforce the rule, however Applebee's may choose to ignore it. Luckily, in Indiana, the signs have no force of law, so at worst they could ask you to leave.

brockgl

imported post

Count me in as well if there is a set time and place! I would love an OC event.