• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Illinois Pro Second Amendment Resolution

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

This looks great! Keep up the super work :celebrate

I use to live in IL in DuPage county, I will never move back to IL unless they pass a Conceal Carry Permit, OC would be better (and not just in rural areas)and I can own machine guns there. The are too many criminals near Chicago that do as they please as well as stupid laws that just put me and my family at risk.

junglebob

imported post

I'd like to mention to for those interested in finding out more about the 2a county resolution that there has been a lot of discussion on it at the IllinoisCarry.com/forum you'll find it under Pro2a resolution, Pike County under Illinois Politics forum. There is also another interesting resolution in Winnebago County going before their board to issue a county concealed carry permit, that would be found under the Illinois Concealed Carry Forum under "Winnebago County Weighs Legality of Gun Resolution".

I think that may be the start of Illinois recognizing the second amendment right of its citizens to bear arms. Concealed carry will probably surely have to come first, before state wide open carry in incorporated areas.

benron

imported post

I'am happy that some sort of resolution is happening in IL,but IL residents need to stop voting for these lefty liberals,it's time to get real conservatives voted into office.:celebrate

junglebob

imported post

It might be good to put up a flyer at local gun stores about it if you haven't already done so. Since I'm not in DuPage or even near I don't expect my input would carry much weight. Sorry no friends or family up there either.

Johnyt101

imported post

Junglebob I have been meaning to do that...I was just at Mega Sports picking up my FNH SLP Mark I and I meant to ask them if I could put some flyers out but I forgot...

xdfan

imported post

Tell folks to work on their pals in Chicago.

The populous Chicago, like NYC does in New York, sort of bullies the rest of the state. But that's not news.

Speaking as a central IL native, downstate Illinois is on the whole quite conservative and surprisingly pro-2A, excepting Peoria and E. St. Louis. This kind of resolution is welcome and could be the only effective way to break the ice and get some momentum going for legal, loaded carry in the state.

junglebob

imported post

The pro-2a resolution started breaking the ice, now there is the concealed carry resolution going to the Winnebabo county board. This should definately be an ice breaker if it passes. Support looks very good at this time.

Jerry21234

imported post

Sorry I'm new to the movement. Is the pro2a resolution trying to accomplish open carry? I went to pro2aresolution.com but I'm still unclear.

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

The Pro 2A resolution effort is to get the State and Cook county law makers to back off all gun control and respect the constitution. Getting aproval of 95% of the counties I think would send a strong message.

Jerry21234

imported post

I've been reading a lot, so CC and OC is prohibited throughout IL? Are there restrictions on ownership? Licensing or non-licensing?

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Jerry21234 wrote:
I've been reading a lot, so CC and OC is prohibited throughout IL? Are there restrictions on ownership? Licensing or non-licensing?

You can only open carry in rural/unincorporated areas of IL, really areas not likely where the majority of violent gun crime is. I dont know it that is loaded or unloaded carry. Personally to me what would be the point in these areas?

I would really really like to see 95% of the counties in ILallow OC or even a shall issue CC card, Cook county is just dumb to make such laws to ban hand guns as well as the people that support it for the "feel good" factor thinking it will do something. Criminals love the laws sooooo many easy targets.

junglebob

imported post

usSir, Since you are interested in advancing getting concealed carry and open carry in Illinois counties you should go to Fred Wescott's website www.fredwescott.com he is on the Winnebogo county board, as I mentioned in my post on the Winnebago county concealed carry resolution. The pro2a resolution is good and I'm glad it is advancing, but it doesn't address open or concealed carry. It is mostly a reaction against restictive laws on gun ownership, AWB, magazine capacity limits, handgun bans. We've had some of this type of legislation introduced, though thankfully not passed. We've got 80% of the counties saying in effect if you pass it we consider the legislation void.

The Winnebago CC resolution would authorize the sheriff to issue concealed carry permits. If Winnebago County does it other counties may follow suit, just like with the pro2a resolution. Open carry outside rural unincorporated areas will come later after CC goes statewide.

Why not go to Fred Wescott's webside to his guestbook and write a letter in support of the concealed carry resolution, you aren't asked to give your address and Fred Wescott will be taking letters to the Winnebago County Board meeting on June 10. End Illinois being a "right denied" state.

KBCraig

imported post

lockman wrote:
Getting aproval of 95% of the counties I think would send a strong message.
When 75% of the population is concentrated in the other 5% of the counties, the response might be a big "so what?"

One of these days I'm going to have to take my Cubs fanatic wife to a game at Wrigley. I sure am going to hate it (and not just because I'm a Cardinals fan).