• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone have a copy of Chet's federal civil rights lawsuit?

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

The recent series on guns in Virginia included a sentence noting that Chet's filed his civil rights lawsuit against the city "last week". Anyone have a copy, or know where I can locate one?

Bubba Ron

imported post

SicSemperTyrannis wrote:
The recent series on guns in Virginia included a sentence noting that Chet's filed his civil rights lawsuit against the city "last week". Anyone have a copy, or know where I can locate one?
That's up to Chet...

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

Bubba: It is up to Chet if he wants to be helpful and share it with us, but if indeed it has been filed, then it is a public record that will always be available to anone for any reason. There's nothing secret about a lawsuit in America!

Bubba Ron

imported post

SicSemperTyrannis wrote:
Bubba: It is up to Chet if he wants to be helpful and share it with us, but if indeed it has been filed, then it is a public record that will always be available to anone for any reason. There's nothing secret about a lawsuit in America!
Agreed, has anyone PMed him?

Lysander

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
I don't know how to spell Chet's lastname, and with mywowbb.com DB errors, I can't find out.

Do a G00gle search thus; "<Chet's lastname> site:http://www.ca4.uscourts.gov/"
That link is only for the Court of Appeals, not the District Court. ( http://www.vaed.uscourts.gov )

Pacer search: [size="-1"]Last Name: Szymecki Type: pty NOT FOUND.
[/size]

Renegade

imported post

Hello everyone,

The paper mistakenly reported the cases as being filed the previous week. They were in fact scheduled to be filed this week...but last minute changes were necessary.

As soon as I can confirm they have been filed I will be sure to post here for all to see. Our case just continues to become stronger.

ChinChin

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
SicSemperTyrannis wrote:
That's up to Chet...
A FOIA request will give us all the information that Chet could. I think people are just trying to save themselves 3 bucks, a stamp and a few weeks hassle.

ETA: nevermind. I see his response below. Thanks for the updates TBA!

Bubba Ron

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
SicSemperTyrannis wrote:
That's up to Chet...
Now you see why I said it's up to Chet - you guys don't really believe everything you read in the newspaper - do you? ;)