Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday Shootout

Post imported post

RWW wants to shoot his Russian MilSurps and I want to sight in my .22 rifle, so we’ve decided to spend Friday doing that. Here’s the plan as I know it:

We’ll meet at Cabela’s at noon for lunch and supplies. After that, probably 1pm, we’ll head over to the outdoor range off Waddle Creek Rd for some shooting. When we’re done we’ll head home. I’m not sure which long guns I’ll be bringing, but I will be shooting the Alaskan so anyone with a handful of .44 Mags or Specials is welcome to try it out.

Sorry for the short notice, but we’re only just now getting it together.

If anyone is coming and wants to try the Mossberg 590A1 with the Knoxx recoil reducing stock, let me know and I’ll bring it.

Post imported post

Is this range located in Capitol Forest? How do you get there?
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

Mainsail, real nice...the one week I have off, I'm so lamed up and doped up I can't participate.

Seriously, with themeds and all, driving orshooting is not recommended. Perhaps the next time you're down this way...on a work day!

All...this is my first post. Been lurking for awhile, thanks to Mainsail. Finally got it together due, largely, to being home recuperating from having my knee scoped.

It's good to be here.

Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire,
    a troublesome servant and a fearful master. - George Washington

Post imported post

CrossBow33 wrote:
    Mainsail, real nice...the one week I have off, I'm so lamed up and doped up I can't participate.

Seriously, with themeds and all, driving orshooting is not recommended. Perhaps the next time you're down this way...on a work day!

All...this is my first post. Been lurking for awhile, thanks to Mainsail. Finally got it together due, largely, to being home recuperating from having my knee scoped.

It's good to be here.

Glad to see you figured it out! You know I'm down that way a lot, I don't like indoor ranges. :P

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Like i said, we're meeting at Cabela's, but here's the directions anyway:

I5 to 101 West, get off on Black Lake Blvd, turn left at the end of the onramp.
    The road ends at Delphi Rd, turn left.
    Go down and turn right on Waddle Creek Rd
    Past Capitol View Lane, stay on Waddle Creek and bear left.
    Not far after the turn, there’s a gated road on the left, park there and walk about 100’ up the road, you’ll see the mess.
    Look for the Silver Police Interceptor, it's hard to miss.

Post imported post

Mainsail wrote:
    Like i said, we're meeting at Cabela's, but here's the directions anyway:

I5 to 101 West, get off on Black Lake Blvd, turn left at the end of the onramp.
    The road ends at Delphi Rd, turn left.
    Go down and turn right on Waddle Creek Rd
    Past Capitol View Lane, stay on Waddle Creek and bear left.
    Not far after the turn, there’s a gated road on the left, park there and walk about 100’ up the road, you’ll see the mess.
    Look for the Silver Police Interceptor, it's hard to miss.
    It's quicker to go straight south on I-5 to Exit 95, theMaytown exit then turn left (West) onto Maytown Road and go to Littlerock. Continue straight thru Littlerock to the roads end at Waddell Creek Road SW. Right on Waddell Creek and follow it to the gated road on the right just past MiddleWaddell CreekCamp Ground.

Post imported post

Friday??! You know, some of us have jobs to go to......if you had said Sunday I'd have been there for sure (helping a friend move on Saturday....)!

Post imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
    Friday??! You know, some of us have jobs to go to......if you had said Sunday I'd have been there for sure (helping a friend move on Saturday....)!
    Well, some of us done did real good during the base exercise (or just didn’t do anything to mess it up) and got a free day off.

Post imported post

Mind if I tag along?
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Post imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
    Mind if I tag along?
    Of course not! Should I bring the P239 9mm?

Post imported post

Is that the gravel pit up there? I think thats the same place I used to shoot when I was teenager in Tumwater.

Post imported post

Mainsail wrote:
    TechnoWeenie wrote:
    Mind if I tag along?
    Of course not!* Should I bring the P239 9mm?
    Please do!

I haven't had the $$$ to get the PT-92 from mary's, I'll probably end up ordering a new one from her when I do get the $$ ...

I'll pick up a box of ammo at sportsmans,lol.

And BTW, I lost your cell#, you still have mine?
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Post imported post

Here, mapquest link

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/11030+W...:::::f:EN:M:/e

If I didnt have to work friday, I would be there.

Post imported post

Hey mainsail, which 590A1 do you have? If you got a Speedfeed stock laying around, I'd be interested. I am having a hell of a time finding the 590A1 I want. (#51668). I settled for a cruiser today. $275 brand new out the door, couldn't help it, but I still want the A1 too.

Do you like the Knoxx? There is only one place here in town who has them and they want $120. having never used one, I am uncertain as to whether or not it would be money well spent.

i would take you up on the offer to shoot it, but I'm a bit too far.

Thanks,
    jason

Post imported post

The shotgun I have is the Mossberg 590A1.

The Knoxx is indispensible. The stock turns the brutal punch in the shoulder into a firm push. (Ask Techno, he tried it) My son, all 100 pounds of him, was shooting the Mossy and loved it, well, until I slipped in a few 3” magnum slugs, and even then it was just a strong push. $120 is about the going price, you can buy online and avoid the sales tax, but if it’s a HD shotgun and one you’d like to practice with, it’s worth it.

Post imported post

There are several 590A1's. The one I really want is Mossy #51668, which is discontinued. It's the 20" with the Speedfeed stock and Ghost rings sights. Damn thing is IMPOSSIBLE to find, unless I buy it on gunbroker and pay way too much:X

So if you see that particular one......

Sorry I took you off topic, I'm done

Post imported post

surfj9009 wrote:
    There are several 590A1's. The one I really want is Mossy #51668, which is discontinued. It's the 20" with the Speedfeed stock and Ghost rings sights. Damn thing is IMPOSSIBLE to find, unless I buy it on gunbroker and pay way too much:X

So if you see that particular one......

Sorry I took you off topic, I'm done

I only know of one 590A1. The speedfeed stock is problematic from what I've heard, dropping shells during recoil.

I wanted a 590A1, walked into Mary’s, and Dan pulled one off the shelf for me. If he doesn’t have one in stock, he can order it.

Post imported post

Damnit, I wish I woulda seen this earlier I just came home from Oly and decided not to stay the night. Well since I dont have anything going on I'm gonna come. See ya there at noon! Im gonna bring my kimber .45, .22 marlin, my browning 12ga and a hand thrower if people want someone to throw clays.

Marcus

Post imported post

Damnit guys, why do you have to do this friday? I wont be back in Oly till tomorrow evening. Oh well, guess i'll just go with some friends on saturday.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Dangit! If this is happening on a weekday, why couldn't it be on Monday :P. I have to work a long shift tomorow, count me out.

State Researcher

Post imported post

CrossBow33 wrote:

It's good to be here.

Welcome! Yay! Another in Thurston County! WooHoo!!:celebrate

That wasn't you in the mall OCing with a wife and kid a few days back was it?

Post imported post

Mainsail wrote:
    compmanio365 wrote:
    Well, some of us done did real good during the base exercise (or just didn’t do anything to mess it up) and got a free day off.
    Fine......I have only one thing to say.....

"You're gonna shoot your eye out! You're gonna shoot your eye out!"

Post imported post

I'll be bringing a bunch of paper targets, 8.5x11, if someone can bring some cardboard it'd be great...

Post imported post

No...not me. Been laid up since Monday. And my kid is 35. And, while I've CC'd for years, I'm not set up for OC, yet. Working on it. Need to do a face to face with folks who do so's I can get smart.
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire,
    a troublesome servant and a fearful master. - George Washington

Post imported post

BIll98501 wrote:
    Here, mapquest link*

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/11030+W...:::::f:EN:M:/e

If I didnt have to work friday, I would be there.

Nice, that is the place I used to shoot as a teenager. Glad to see it is still open. Used to be able to drive right in and shoot prone from the bed of a pickup truck. Gotta watch out for the kids on dirt bikes though. One time even had some real geniuses that kept burning right through our firing zone.

Post imported post

Have to try to get down there next time. I'll bring the AR.

Where is Mary's at?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast