• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Christian Coalition

b1ack5mith

imported post

gotta love it! (looks for a local church) then again... i do wear all black and have my piercings again, so theyd probably love to ask me some questions XD

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=58125

WEAPONS OF CHOICE

Georgia bill pushes guns in churches
Christian Coalition supports expanded carry provision

[align=center] [/align] Posted: March 05, 2008
10:07 pm Eastern

©2008WorldNetDaily

WASHINGTON – The Georgia Christian Coalition is getting behind a state bill to expand gun-carry laws into company parking lots and churches.

State Rep. Tim Bearden is sponsoring the bill with the support of the National Rifle Association. It is being opposed by the Georgia Chamber of Commerce as a violation of private property rights.

The bill is currently in a House-Senate conference committee.

Christians began recognizing the threat for mayhem in the pews after an armed rampage in Colorado recently. After killing two people at a Christian training center in Arvada, Colo., 24-year-old Matthew Murray went to Colorado Springs intending more murder and mayhem.

Murray shot and killed two girls in the New Life Church's parking lot, then headed inside the building where thousands of worshippers were concluding a service.

A volunteer security guard, Jeanne Assam, confronted him almost immediately and fired at him. He fell, and an autopsy later said he had shot himself.

In fact, church shootings have been on the rise in the U.S.

A tabulation of church shootings, or those closely related to a church setting, was done by Gary Cass, chairman of the Christian Anti-Defamation Commission, and included 10 such attacks over the last four years, including Murray's two attacks.

He said a brief search found the following shootings:
  • Aug. 12, 2007: A lone gunman, Eiken Elam Saimon, opened fire in a Missouri Micronesian church, killing a pastor and two other churchgoers.

May 20, 2007: A standoff between police and a suspect in the shootings of three people in a Moscow, Idaho, Presbyterian church ended with three dead, including one police officer.

Although not at a church building, the Oct. 2, 2006, attack in Lancaster County, Pa., by a gunman who killed five girls and then himself at an Amish school targeted a religious site.

May 21, 2006: Louisiana. Four were killed by a man at Jesus Christ Church.

Feb. 26, 2006: Michigan. Two people were killed at Zion Hope Missionary Baptist Church by a man who reportedly went to the church looking for his girlfriend. He later killed himself.

April 9, 2005: A 27-year-old airman died after being shot at a church in College Park, Ga., where he had once worked as a security guard.

March 12, 2005: A man walked into the services of the Living Church of God in Milwaukee and open fired immediately, killing seven people.

Oct. 5, 2003: A woman opened fire in Turner Monumental AME church in Kirkwood, east of Atlanta, killing the pastor and two others.

Sept. 16, 1999: Seven young people were killed when a man opened fire during a prayer service for teens at the Wedgewood Baptist Church in Fort Worth, Texas.
"Self-defense is not just a right but a Christian duty. Jesus told his followers, 'if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one,'" said Cass. "Christians are not to be a soft target for the hateful and deranged. Church leaders have a duty not to allow a crazed gunman to come and shoot up their congregation. Thank God for security officer Jeanne Assam and for New Life Church's security preparations."

That is the same argument made by Charl van Wyk, a South African missionary who fought off a terrorist attack on his church with one handgun. His book, "Shooting Back," describes that bloody attack and its aftermath and makes a biblical case for armed self-defense.

b1ack5mith

imported post

im really glad to see churches opening their arms to... arms :D too many people want to kill followers of Christ nowdays

PavePusher

imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
i believe that was luke 22:36 :D i love the word of God! i want a bumper sticker....

JESUS OPEN CARRIES

:D
While I'm not particularly religous, or even Christian (I lean towards warrior-Zen Quakerism with a large dose of Nordic/Celtic mythology. Hey, I'm complicated, deal with it...:D), I really, really like that one. Mind if I steal, er, borrow, that?

combatcarry

imported post

PavePusher wrote:
b1ack5mith wrote:
i believe that was luke 22:36 :D i love the word of God! i want a bumper sticker....

JESUS OPEN CARRIES

:D
While I'm not particularly religous, or even Christian (I lean towards warrior-Zen Quakerism with a large dose of Nordic/Celtic mythology. Hey, I'm complicated, deal with it...:D), I really, really like that one. Mind if I steal, er, borrow, that?
If you like that one why stop there? HOW ABOUT GETTING INTO GOD'S WORD! :)

Here is another one:

Starting in Romans 13:2... Consequentely, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgement on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing.

Living in this great nation, many of us have the authority by the 2nd ammendment to carry a weapon. We do not bear the gun for nothing, we will hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong.... Be afraid... We do not carry our guns for nothing.

Of course the biblical law also says, "Do not Murder". So we should carefully limit ourselves to only use force as a last resort. Also, we will never extend our authority beyond the governing biblical and wordly laws.

God Bless you guys...