Thread: OPEN CARRY IN CAR

Post imported post

CAN I CARRY A LOADED HANDGUN IN CAR ? SORRY I'M NEW TO ALL THIS

Post imported post

Please give us your state, which LTCF/CCW/CHPs from which states you have, and your age. Then we can tell you

ETA: Oh, and it would be great if you could tell us the states in which you'd like to OC in a car, if you plan on traveling with a gun outside your home state.

ETA2: And please hit the "caps lock" key before writing your next post... We're a polite society here, and don't like yelling.

ETA3: By the way, welcome!

Post imported post

ARIZONA

Post imported post

I'M 25 YRS I LIVE IN TUCSON AZ

Post imported post

You may want to wait for someone who has a full knowledge of AZ law so they can cite the specific laws to you.

It looks to me that whether or not you have a license, you can carry in your car in Arizona so long as the gun is in your glovebox or "clearly visible". Once again, you'll want to wait for someone to quote the legal definition of what "clearly visible" is.

Just don't drive north. Unlicensed car carry isn't allowed in Utah. Be careful driving west, too, so you don't end up in California. Both Nevada and New Mexico seem good to go for openly carrying in your car without a license.

ETA: Mods might want to transfer this to the Arizona sub-forum?

Post imported post

thx!

Post imported post

dont know about AZ but it's not in ohio.. so even if it is in AZ make sure you check out other states if you leave.

Post imported post

Post imported post

I would like to know that to OC in a car live in Dover,DE cant really find a clear answer on that one

Post imported post

I know OC is a no-go in a car in KY (unless it's in the glovebox, or you have your CCDW License).

Post imported post

I thought you could have a loaded gun (even without a permit) in the car in KY as long as it was in plain view?

-ljp

Post imported post

Legba wrote:
    I thought you could have a loaded gun (even without a permit) in the car in KY as long as it was in plain view?

-ljp
    KRS 527.020 - "A deadly weapon shall not be deemed concealed on or about the person if it is located in a glove compartment, regularly installed in a motor vehicle by its manufacturer regardless of whether said compartment is locked, unlocked, or does not have a locking mechanism."

Post imported post

whoops

Post imported post

Any Arizona residents (or those familiar with AZ law) around to confirm this information for our new member?

Post imported post

Oddly the answer can be found right on this website. See the Travelers Map on the main website page.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

I know OC is a no-go in a car in KY
    How do you figure that?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    Oddly the answer can be found right on this website. See the Travelers Map on the main website page.
    That's where I got the answers, but I was looking for the relevant statutes... I've been looking through AZ statutes and have been unsuccessful in finding where it discusses car carry.

Post imported post

It most likely won't, likely is a Tradtional Open Carry state. That which is not prohibited is allowed.

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    How do you figure that?
    It was discussed in the Kentucky forum:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum25/607.html

(luckily I remembered the thread and was able to find it even though the search function is currently inoperable)
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    http://opencarry.com/az.html

Open Car Carry -You may open carry in a vehicle either in plain view OR in a glove box.
    http://opencarry.com/ky.html

though it doesn't say if you need CCW permit toOC in car.(like you needhere in N.H.)

[/quote]

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    How do you figure that?
    FightingGlock19 wrote:
    Legba wrote:

-ljp
    KRS 527.020 - "A deadly weapon shall not be deemed concealed on or about the person if it is located in a glove compartment, regularly installed in a motor vehicle by its manufacturer regardless of whether said compartment is locked, unlocked, or does not have a locking mechanism."
    I probally figured it out by reading the KRS regarding guns in a vehicle ...

FightingGlock19 wrote:
    Legba wrote:

-ljp

Post imported post

As far as I understand it you can open carry in your car in Arizona without any sort of license.

I lived there for seven years (mostly just south of Tucson) and open carried in the car, on walks in the desert - all over. I still do when I am back visiting in the area. I have heard nothing about the laws changing on this in Arizona.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
    SNIP
    Just don't drive north. Unlicensed car carry isn't allowed in Utah. Be careful driving west, too, so you don't end up in California.
    We've been talking/debating this on the UTAH forum, if you have any relevant info (statute, AG opinion, case law), feel free to chime in over there. So far my research has come up short on this...

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum52/8928.html