• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OPEN CARRY IN CAR

imperialism2024

imported post

Please give us your state, which LTCF/CCW/CHPs from which states you have, and your age. Then we can tell you ;)

ETA: Oh, and it would be great if you could tell us the states in which you'd like to OC in a car, if you plan on traveling with a gun outside your home state.

ETA2: And please hit the "caps lock" key before writing your next post... We're a polite society here, and don't like yelling.

ETA3: By the way, welcome!

imperialism2024

imported post

You may want to wait for someone who has a full knowledge of AZ law so they can cite the specific laws to you.

It looks to me that whether or not you have a license, you can carry in your car in Arizona so long as the gun is in your glovebox or "clearly visible". Once again, you'll want to wait for someone to quote the legal definition of what "clearly visible" is.

Just don't drive north. Unlicensed car carry isn't allowed in Utah. Be careful driving west, too, so you don't end up in California. Both Nevada and New Mexico seem good to go for openly carrying in your car without a license.

ETA: Mods might want to transfer this to the Arizona sub-forum?

Joe Sixpack

imported post

dont know about AZ but it's not in ohio.. so even if it is in AZ make sure you check out other states if you leave.

Louisiana Carry

imported post

thread-pic%20(51).jpg

:D

Legba

imported post

I thought you could have a loaded gun (even without a permit) in the car in KY as long as it was in plain view?

-ljp

FightingGlock19

imported post

Legba wrote:
I thought you could have a loaded gun (even without a permit) in the car in KY as long as it was in plain view?

-ljp

KRS 527.020 - "A deadly weapon shall not be deemed concealed on or about the person if it is located in a glove compartment, regularly installed in a motor vehicle by its manufacturer regardless of whether said compartment is locked, unlocked, or does not have a locking mechanism."

imperialism2024

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
Oddly the answer can be found right on this website. See the Travelers Map on the main website page.

That's where I got the answers, but I was looking for the relevant statutes... I've been looking through AZ statutes and have been unsuccessful in finding where it discusses car carry.

nh92d