• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

bersa 380

Weak 9mm

imported post

You won't hear me say anything nice about Bersa. I had to opportunity to rent one at the range a few weeks ago and it was a piece of garbage. The hammer failed to fall the first three times I pulled the trigger. It then fired without my finger on the trigger. At least it was pointed down range. In addition, the slide catch was so sensitive that it released when I layed the weapon down.

Goodness, that's no good. I would have asked for a different gun if I'd paid money to rent a junker. I can't say much other than your experience does not seem to be the norm. But it's entirely possible that the range weapon is ridden hard and put up wet if you know what I'm saying.

exgabrit

imported post

Wife bought a Bersa .380
I've fired about 200 rounds through it. Lots of felt recoil, accuracy is so-so at 7 yards, beyond that the red dot sights don't really work well. point shooting at that distance is also so-so, yes you'll hit the guy.
build quality is ok for the money, still some sharp edges but for under $300 decent enough. as a back up gun or glove box gun, its fine. primary hardware? uhm maybe not.

I'd sure as heck not swap it for my Glock 17. recoil is hardly there in comparison. my advice is to get a compact Kimber .45 and have those hand full of shots count. a .380 unless you get lucky is like a fly squat on a rhino.

JOHNNY.1983 wrote:
i just bought a bersa thunder 380 dbl action semi -auto what do u guys think ? worth it or not?