• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Silly things - underbarrel pistol for a shotgun?

AbNo

imported post

So, while I'm waiting for my tax return (from LAST YEAR) to come in, I was thinking about the Mossberg 500 I plan on getting. (How's THAT for a use of tax dollars?)

Then I thought... "Hey, wouldn't it be great if you could mount a pistol on the pump?"

Does anyone know of anything like this?

I mean, I know you can get underbarrel shotguns/grenade launchers for AR-15/M-16s, and that's probably where I got the idea from.

Anyone ever hear of something like this, or am I going to have to fire up the CAD programs again? :lol:

TechnoWeenie

imported post

AbNo wrote:
So, while I'm waiting for my tax return (from LAST YEAR) to come in, I was thinking about the Mossberg 500 I plan on getting. (How's THAT for a use of tax dollars?)

Then I thought... "Hey, wouldn't it be great if you could mount a pistol on the pump?"

Does anyone know of anything like this?

I mean, I know you can get underbarrel shotguns/grenade launchers for AR-15/M-16s, and that's probably where I got the idea from.

Anyone ever hear of something like this, or am I going to have to fire up the CAD programs again? :lol:

Why not have under/over rifle/shotgun? That way it won't be 'restricted'....Hell, go with a select fire trigger system too ;), one trigger, flick a selector lever to select between shotgun/rifle ;)

:celebrate

Tomahawk

imported post

Baikal makes a less "evil-looking" over-under shotgun/rifle:

izh94.jpg

Also, Savage makes one:

http://www.savagearms.com/24f12.htm

24f.jpg

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Springfield Armory used to make one, the M6 Scout.
Mine.

Attachments

• DSCF0803.JPG
    DSCF0803.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 2,756

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

But are they repeaters?

I'm still mad at Rumsfeld for cancelling the Palladin artillery system. :)

thnycav

imported post

Check this out 9 44 cal rounds and one 410 shotgun round in the middle.

Attachments

• le_mat_509.jpg
    le_mat_509.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 2,563

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Heres one that used a .410 for shotgun barrel and 9 .44 rimfire for the cylinder.

:celebrate

Attachments

• LeMatopen91CU.jpg
    LeMatopen91CU.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 2,896

thnycav

imported post

Yes my mistake it is a 20 gage.

Jeb Stewart carried one of theses during the war of southern rebellion. Yes I'm a Yankee.

Michigander

imported post

As far as I know, it would be an SBR. With or without the other barrel, I don't believe it makes a difference.

But yes, I have thought of the same thing too. Like a 1911 where the backstrap attached to the rifle's reciever somehow so the slide could move freely. It would be a built in sidearm. A rather convienient idea. However, the added weight would screw up the handling of the rifle.