Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MCPD pats self on back

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

City police received 27 complaints during ‘07 I guess that all our calls and emails simply counted as one complaint. You just have to love a whitewash that doesn't show up in the annual statistics...

btw: crime is also down because of the wonderful police work in the area... (another article in today's MJM)

just had to share

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

I thought the complaint against the MCPD regarding the Tonys incident last January was well founded. I know it was, I was there, but Skinner whitewashed what happened. Personally why should I have any faith that the rest of the incidents and complaints were handled fairly?

Post imported post

What **** that is. The 'commendations' are all counted individually, who knows 50 of them could have been for the same 'event'. We KNOW all the complaints were not counted individualy. Chief Assclown, I say.

On another note....Too funny, Googled Tony's 7, last hit on the first page, add Manassas and it goes up to #3 on the first page.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

Post imported post

nitrovic wrote:
    From what I understand you guys that went in to that pizza place were harrassing the officers when they showed up. After they asked for your ID's you would make quick hand gestures like you were going for your guns. Makes us real pro-concealed weapons carry advocates look bad. I agree the incident didn't have to happen, but you guys behaved worse than the officers. Disgusting.

Great first post. Keep 'em coming. We need a good laugh since HankT left.

Post imported post

Post imported post

Really what is your source of information? Were you there? Or are you just calling those of us who were there liars?

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    Really what is your source of information? Were you there? Or are you just calling those of us who were there liars?

Post imported post

Sounds like your source is lying to you bud.
    You might consider asking our side of the story before you start throwing accusations around or believing them.

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    Sounds like your source is lying to you bud.

Post imported post

On second thought. . .not worthy of my time.
    The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when youre serious and when youre being sarcastic. Abraham Lincoln

Post imported post

nitrovic wrote:
    I will. I have been aproponent for concealed and open carry ever since I was in the military. There are ways to go about educating people. Doing crazy crap like was done here is NOT the way to go about it. I grew up in that area and know the restaurant owners and workers, real good people. I know the truth, and it isn't the way it was portrayed by the open carrying guys there. Under no circumstances should we make gestures towrads our guns and be rude to law enforcement, it doesn't make us look good. They should have just showed ID to the officers and gone from there. Following that if the cops were rude or tried to arrest then that's another story. That didn't happen though as we all know.
    Oh, so you weren't just being sarcastic? You are more like HankT than I first believed.

Now's the moment for you to provide some evidence that any of the above quoted BS is true. We're waiting.

Post imported post

I would suggest searching the threads about Tonys. Take a look at the FOIA and our written accounts of the encounter. Mine and others were written within a few hours of the incident. The VCDL account is a compilation of all of them.
    http://www.vcdl.org/Tonys/mcpd.html

Some key things to keep in mind is that we were not seeking out the police, or testing them, or wanting attention. We were just out at our monthly OCDO fellowship meetup. I don't know who is defining our 'rudeness' but I don't think there was anything discourtious about our behaviour towards the MCPD. As for making gestures towards our guns, I know I made a special effort to keep my hands in sight on the table so as not to make anyone nervous. If we had made gestures we could have be arrested for brandishing and rightfully so.

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    nitrovic wrote:
    I will. I have been aproponent for concealed and open carry ever since I was in the military. There are ways to go about educating people. Doing crazy crap like was done here is NOT the way to go about it. I grew up in that area and know the restaurant owners and workers, real good people. I know the truth, and it isn't the way it was portrayed by the open carrying guys there. Under no circumstances should we make gestures towrads our guns and be rude to law enforcement, it doesn't make us look good. They should have just showed ID to the officers and gone from there. Following that if the cops were rude or tried to arrest then that's another story. That didn't happen though as we all know.
    Oh, so you weren't just being sarcastic? You are more like HankT than I first believed.

Now's the moment for you to provide some evidence that any of the above quoted BS is true. We're waiting.
    And how would i "prove" that? I have some friends in the restaurant who told me what happened. As stated prior, they are very good people and have no reason to lie. I saw the story a long time ago in the paper and it didn't seem right to me. If the officers really had violated your rights they would have been sued, that's obvious. I do believe it is wrong for them to write the computer stuff they did, but that's more of a departmental issue than a civil rights issue. I have noticed a lot of anti-LE stuff on this forum (and other pro-gun forums) and I think that's the wrong way to go about this. Some people here are mis-informed on the law and give bad advice with respect to how to deal with LE.

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    I would suggest searching the threads about Tonys. Take a look at the FOIA and our written accounts of the encounter. Mine and others were written within a few hours of the incident. The VCDL account is a compilation of all of them.
    http://www.vcdl.org/Tonys/mcpd.html

Some key things to keep in mind is that we were not seeking out the police, or testing them, or wanting attention. We were just out at our monthly OCDO fellowship meetup. I don't know who is defining our 'rudeness' but I don't think there was anything discourtious about our behaviour towards the MCPD. As for making gestures towards our guns, I know I made a special effort to keep my hands in sight on the table so as not to make anyone nervous. If we had made gestures we could have be arrested for brandishing and rightfully so.

Post imported post

nitrovic wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:
    nitrovic wrote:

And how would i "prove" that? I have some friends in the restaurant who told me what happened. As stated prior, they are very good people and have no reason to lie. I saw the story a long time ago in the paper and it didn't seem right to me. If the officers really had violated your rights they would have been sued, that's obvious. I do believe it is wrong for them to write the computer stuff they did, but that's more of a departmental issue than a civil rights issue. I have noticed a lot of anti-LE stuff on this forum (and other pro-gun forums) and I think that's the wrong way to go about this. Some people here are mis-informed on the law and give bad advice with respect to how to deal with LE.
    OK, changed my mind. . .this is just. . . .wow.

Lets see. . .I can trust The people who were AT Tony's during the incident itself, who stood up in public, before a crowded room and told their version before the entire City Council, Mayor, Cheif of police, etc. They stated their names publicly, their home addresses and their account of what happened to them for all to hear.

Or i could trust some anynomus guy on teh interwebz who says he knows a guy who was there and in his first few posts proclaims he is "the real pro concealed weapons (not firearm, but "weapons") carry advocates."

yeah. . .tough choice, but I'm going to go with the people who put their own names and home addressed to their statements and testimony, rather then "some guy on teh webz".

The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when youre serious and when youre being sarcastic. Abraham Lincoln

Post imported post

And yet the officers asked us to conceal, illegally. As well as Officer Hyland initially saying it was illegal to carry in a restaurant and more than once at that. If Officer Hittle hadn't taken control of his officer, we may very have been arrested because from my perspective that was Hylands intent.

Post imported post

I have rarely used a smiley before because I think they're tacky... but:

Wow. gg first impressions.
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

nitrovic wrote:
    Some people here are mis-informed on the law and give bad advice with respect to how to deal with LE.
    While you're making friends and judging the actions of others, I'd like a play-by-play about the Barnes & Noble incident last summer.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...71&forum_id=54
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

nitrovic wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:
    And how would i "prove" that?
    That's your frigging problem. You're the one who chose, with his very first post, to accuse members of this forum of being liars, stirring up trouble,and provoking police.

Maybe if you had nothing to back it up you should have approached this by asking to hear the other side of the story, first, but instead you passed judgment on people you don't know and have never met without any discussion.

I've been out to eat with the guys in that incident more times than I can count, and I can personally vouch for their behavior and their honesty. You are just some anonymous blip on the internet to me; if you want this outrageous claim of yours to be taken seriously, the burden is on you to provide some evidence or to apologize.

Post imported post

You really think if the OC'ers reached for their guns in any way they would have walked out of that place without cuffs on, or on a stretcher. I think you are most likely a 14 year old just trying to stir up ****. If not, your friends are idiots. They must have been drunk if that is their account of what happened.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

nitrovic wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:
    nitrovic wrote:

Welcome nitrovic

It's a matter of perspective. It is entirely possiblefor two or more people to observe the same event and see two different things based on a huge number of variables including line of sight, hearing, as well as past personal experienceandbias.

I'm a cop out here and I encounter this phenomenon quite regularly during investigations. Eye witness accounts and descriptions of crimes, suspects and other events like traffic collisions are often refuted by video evidence when available.

So it is easy for me to believe that what your friends observed was what they truly believe happened.

Your friends may also have your bias that when ID is asked for by officers without the force of law behind the request that one should just comply so they will go away. Someone who is not completely neutral will be swayed immediately to one side or another from the moment police cars arrive in the parking lot.To comply or not isa personal choice one can make but I don't think poorlyof one who chooses to lawfully refuse.

The officers alsosuggestedthat they "cover up" which as you know would have then subjected the "Manassass 7" to arrest and they were quite proper to refuse. Someone following your appeasement approach may well have gotten arrested for following the request.

The FOIAed info revealed quite clearly the attitude of the responding officers was not what should be expected and demanded of those with the privilege of holding the public trust and fairly enforcingour laws.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

cato wrote:
    The FOIAed info revealed quite clearly the attitude of the responding officers was not what should be expected and demanded of those with the privilege of holding the public trust and fairly enforcingour laws.
    Yes. And the FOIA'd info showed a whole lot more.

Just one or two points, out of many:

1. The police claimedin their internal investigation report that there was never any issueduring the incidentaboutit beingunlawful to conceal a handgun inarestaurant that serves alcohol. Yet minutes afterthe incident there was a police car text message giving theVA Code that deals with carrying concealedweapons. And hours later there was a police e-mail where an officer who was there wasmessaging others who were there the very subsection ofCode that prohibits concealed handguns in restaurants that serve alcohol. If there was never any issue about CC in alcohol restaurants, why were police suddenly interested enough to be asking and answering each other on it?

2.Thepolice claimed in their internal investigation report that the IDdemand was really a request in the nature ofseeking which LEdepartment the sevengun owners belonged to. This was a laughable explanation. Assuming they're both out of uniform, how many police officers walk up to another person he suspects is an LEO and asks for ID ashis opening question? Of course not. By their own reports on this forum,LE just askthe other suspected LEO, "What departmentyou with?" Or, "Who do you work for?"
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Holy trolling

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    nitrovic wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:
    And how would i "prove" that?
    That's your frigging problem. You're the one who chose, with his very first post, to accuse members of this forum of being liars, stirring up trouble,and provoking police.

Maybe if you had nothing to back it up you should have approached this by asking to hear the other side of the story, first, but instead you passed judgment on people you don't know and have never met without any discussion.

I've been out to eat with the guys in that incident more times than I can count, and I can personally vouch for their behavior and their honesty. You are just some anonymous blip on the internet to me; if you want this outrageous claim of yours to be taken seriously, the burden is on you to provide some evidence or to apologize.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast