• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MCPD pats self on back

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I thought the complaint against the MCPD regarding the Tonys incident last January was well founded. I know it was, I was there, but Skinner whitewashed what happened. Personally why should I have any faith that the rest of the incidents and complaints were handled fairly?

Wooley

imported post

I'm glad I've moved away from there.But get this, I had a problem with a roomate that had a stolen motorcycle in his garage. I actually spoke to someone at MCPD about it. I was ready to provide pictures and access to the home for seizure of the bike while I was still a resident.

Nothing ever came of it, I guess they're busy chasing around some A-holes eating pizza withguns or something! :p

VAopencarry

imported post

What shit that is. The 'commendations' are all counted individually, who knows 50 of them could have been for the same 'event'. We KNOW all the complaints were not counted individualy. Chief Assclown, I say.

On another note....Too funny, Googled Tony's 7, last hit on the first page, add Manassas and it goes up to #3 on the first page.

Tomahawk

imported post

nitrovic wrote:
From what I understand you guys that went in to that pizza place were harrassing the officers when they showed up. After they asked for your ID's you would make quick hand gestures like you were going for your guns. Makes us real pro-concealed weapons carry advocates look bad. I agree the incident didn't have to happen, but you guys behaved worse than the officers. Disgusting.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Great first post. Keep 'em coming. We need a good laugh since HankT left.

longwatch

imported post

Really what is your source of information? Were you there? Or are you just calling those of us who were there liars?

nitrovic

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Really what is your source of information? Were you there? Or are you just calling those of us who were there liars?

longwatch

imported post

Sounds like your source is lying to you bud.
You might consider asking our side of the story before you start throwing accusations around or believing them.

Tomahawk

imported post

nitrovic wrote:
I will. I have been aproponent for concealed and open carry ever since I was in the military. There are ways to go about educating people. Doing crazy crap like was done here is NOT the way to go about it. I grew up in that area and know the restaurant owners and workers, real good people. I know the truth, and it isn't the way it was portrayed by the open carrying guys there. Under no circumstances should we make gestures towrads our guns and be rude to law enforcement, it doesn't make us look good. They should have just showed ID to the officers and gone from there. Following that if the cops were rude or tried to arrest then that's another story. That didn't happen though as we all know.

Oh, so you weren't just being sarcastic? You are more like HankT than I first believed.

Now's the moment for you to provide some evidence that any of the above quoted BS is true. We're waiting.

longwatch

imported post

I would suggest searching the threads about Tonys. Take a look at the FOIA and our written accounts of the encounter. Mine and others were written within a few hours of the incident. The VCDL account is a compilation of all of them.
http://www.vcdl.org/Tonys/mcpd.html

Some key things to keep in mind is that we were not seeking out the police, or testing them, or wanting attention. We were just out at our monthly OCDO fellowship meetup. I don't know who is defining our 'rudeness' but I don't think there was anything discourtious about our behaviour towards the MCPD. As for making gestures towards our guns, I know I made a special effort to keep my hands in sight on the table so as not to make anyone nervous. If we had made gestures we could have be arrested for brandishing and rightfully so.

nitrovic

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
nitrovic wrote:
I will. I have been aproponent for concealed and open carry ever since I was in the military. There are ways to go about educating people. Doing crazy crap like was done here is NOT the way to go about it. I grew up in that area and know the restaurant owners and workers, real good people. I know the truth, and it isn't the way it was portrayed by the open carrying guys there. Under no circumstances should we make gestures towrads our guns and be rude to law enforcement, it doesn't make us look good. They should have just showed ID to the officers and gone from there. Following that if the cops were rude or tried to arrest then that's another story. That didn't happen though as we all know.
Oh, so you weren't just being sarcastic? You are more like HankT than I first believed.

Now's the moment for you to provide some evidence that any of the above quoted BS is true. We're waiting.
And how would i "prove" that? I have some friends in the restaurant who told me what happened. As stated prior, they are very good people and have no reason to lie. I saw the story a long time ago in the paper and it didn't seem right to me. If the officers really had violated your rights they would have been sued, that's obvious. I do believe it is wrong for them to write the computer stuff they did, but that's more of a departmental issue than a civil rights issue. I have noticed a lot of anti-LE stuff on this forum (and other pro-gun forums) and I think that's the wrong way to go about this. Some people here are mis-informed on the law and give bad advice with respect to how to deal with LE.

nitrovic

imported post

longwatch wrote:
I would suggest searching the threads about Tonys. Take a look at the FOIA and our written accounts of the encounter. Mine and others were written within a few hours of the incident. The VCDL account is a compilation of all of them.
http://www.vcdl.org/Tonys/mcpd.html

Some key things to keep in mind is that we were not seeking out the police, or testing them, or wanting attention. We were just out at our monthly OCDO fellowship meetup. I don't know who is defining our 'rudeness' but I don't think there was anything discourtious about our behaviour towards the MCPD. As for making gestures towards our guns, I know I made a special effort to keep my hands in sight on the table so as not to make anyone nervous. If we had made gestures we could have be arrested for brandishing and rightfully so.

ChinChin

imported post

nitrovic wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
nitrovic wrote:

And how would i "prove" that? I have some friends in the restaurant who told me what happened. As stated prior, they are very good people and have no reason to lie. I saw the story a long time ago in the paper and it didn't seem right to me. If the officers really had violated your rights they would have been sued, that's obvious. I do believe it is wrong for them to write the computer stuff they did, but that's more of a departmental issue than a civil rights issue. I have noticed a lot of anti-LE stuff on this forum (and other pro-gun forums) and I think that's the wrong way to go about this. Some people here are mis-informed on the law and give bad advice with respect to how to deal with LE.
OK, changed my mind. . .this is just. . . .wow.

Lets see. . .I can trust The people who were AT Tony's during the incident itself, who stood up in public, before a crowded room and told their version before the entire City Council, Mayor, Cheif of police, etc. They stated their names publicly, their home addresses and their account of what happened to them for all to hear.

Or i could trust some anynomus guy on teh interwebz who says he knows a guy who was there and in his first few posts proclaims he is "the real pro concealed weapons (not firearm, but "weapons") carry advocates."

yeah. . .tough choice, but I'm going to go with the people who put their own names and home addressed to their statements and testimony, rather then "some guy on teh webz".

longwatch

imported post

And yet the officers asked us to conceal, illegally. As well as Officer Hyland initially saying it was illegal to carry in a restaurant and more than once at that. If Officer Hittle hadn't taken control of his officer, we may very have been arrested because from my perspective that was Hylands intent.