• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SQL Error

Springfield45

imported post

unrequited wrote:
AbNo wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:
Hmm good to know it wasn't just me and my rebel web browser (Firefox)...

Pfft, rebel browser.

*opens a dozen tabs in Opera at once*
I still can't send or read PM's with Opera and have to use the devil browser (IE) in order to do that one task. Otherwise, it's a ditto for me as well, I rarely have less than 10-15 tabs open at once.
pffft to firefox ? naw, I have 10-20 tabs open with Bon Echo at once too ... .... firefox is my most prefered browser !! Hail Rebel Firefox !!

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Springfield45 wrote:
unrequited wrote:
AbNo wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:
Hmm good to know it wasn't just me and my rebel web browser (Firefox)...

Pfft, rebel browser.

*opens a dozen tabs in Opera at once*
I still can't send or read PM's with Opera and have to use the devil browser (IE) in order to do that one task. Otherwise, it's a ditto for me as well, I rarely have less than 10-15 tabs open at once.
pffft to firefox ? naw, I have 10-20 tabs open with Bon Echo at once too ... .... firefox is my most prefered browser !! Hail Rebel Firefox !!
With the ietab plugin available for those few sites that require IE, why use anything else?

swillden

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
With the ietab plugin available for those few sites that require IE, why use anything else?
If a site requires IE, it simply does not get my patronage. That's partly out of geek principle, but mostly because I don't use Microsoft Windows, so IE is a royal PITA for me to use. I have to fire up a VMware virtual machine running WinXP, just to run a browser? Nope, just not going there.

OTOH, I find that lots of sites that claim to require IE don't, really. With the Firefox "User Agent Switcher" plugin, FF can claim to be IE (or whatever), and that's often enough. I generally avoid sites that require that kind of crap, too, but it's not as bad as actually having to use IE.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

swillden wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
If a site requires IE, it simply does not get my patronage. That's partly out of geek principle, but mostly because I don't use Microsoft Windows, so IE is a royal PITA for me to use. I have to fire up a VMware virtual machine running WinXP, just to run a browser? Nope, just not going there.

OTOH, I find that lots of sites that claim to require IE don't, really. With the Firefox "User Agent Switcher" plugin, FF can claim to be IE (or whatever), and that's often enough. I generally avoid sites that require that kind of crap, too, but it's not as bad as actually having to use IE.
Does the User Agent Switcher do kind of the same thing as the IEtab plugin ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419 ) ?

For business my office receives many IE only documents secured in different manners. The IEtab plugin allows me to have Firefox implemented company wide with minimal training. But if the User Agent Switcher does the same thing, perhaps more easily, I am rather interested. (As this thread is about a computer crash this is loosely on topic although generally off topic so a PM response may be better than a thread response. ) I appreciate any information.

FzSBLACKMAGICK

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ok, now I don't feel so bad...

Hi, my name is FzSBLACKMAGICK and I am amultiple poster...

due to the error message...lol

Mods I have a few multiples in the Florida section if you want to delete them, I had just joined and I didn't see this thread before trying to post.

Pointman

imported post

I think the SQL errors are happening because Doug Huffman is overloading the language filter. It's trying to parse bad language from good, and just can't figure out what the hell Doug is saying.... :lol:

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

FzSBLACKMAGICK wrote:

Mods I have a few multiples in the Florida section if you want to delete them, I had just joined and I didn't see this thread before trying to post.
Duly deleted and welcome to OCDO!

Sa45auto

imported post

Pointman wrote:
I think the SQL errors are happening because Doug Huffman is overloading the language filter. It's trying to parse bad language from good, and just can't figure out what the hell Doug is saying.... :lol:
He got a new thesaurus for his birth day and just can't put it down. :dude:

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Sa45auto wrote:
Pointman wrote:
He got a new thesaurus for his birth day and just can't put it down. :dude:

While I was in HS, possibly before some of you were born and during the era of 'testing', my vocabulary was tested, obviously statistically, at 300,000 words. I don't need a thesaurus. My memory is failing now and I do rely on spellcheckers and dictionaries but never a thesaurus.

And I drink and have drunk a lot of beer at 10,000 brain cells per.

Pointman, you better figure what I'm saying. The petition and its signatures are at risk. Tomorrow afternoon I shred it unless you answer the question. "NRA or not?"

Owner/admin/mods are welcome to rummage my PM inbox because I have no idea what might be in there except from the one time I enabled it for State Administrator.

Pointman

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Pointman, you better figure what I'm saying. The petition and its signatures are at risk. Tomorrow afternoon I shred it unless you answer the question. "NRA or not?"
Doug,

You've mentioned that you have turned off messages and post no other contact information so people respond to you on this forum. Very well.

If you have gathered signatures on a petition for a cause you believe in, you will do a disservice to yourself and those who trusted your integrity by destroying them.

I have noticed you've posted threats directed at me on various OpenCarry forums, stating I must meet your demands within 24 hours, or else. I've also noticed the consequences of my not meeting your demands are directed at innocent people who have nothing to do with me, but apparently trust in you. These are the actions of a tyrant, something the members of OpenCarry fight against.

Asit turns out, I have already answered your request, not knowing the scope of your threats. I had taken your comments as light-hearted, and replied as if they were such. I am not the leader of any group, and do not bear the responsibility of your actions.

I do ask the forum moderators leave the comments posted by Doug and myself in place. I also ask they take no action against Doug or myself. I hope the comments will serve to enlighten those who read them, and be burried in the archives of time. Since it appears I have met Doug's demands, it is not my intention to further the situation by responding in a negative manor. I ask that other members do not become involved in negative discussion and focus instead on the thread topics.

FzSBLACKMAGICK

Campaign Veteran
imported post

BobCav wrote:
FzSBLACKMAGICK wrote:

Duly deleted and welcome to OCDO!
Thank You!:)

Pointman

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Pointman wrote: Error or lie. I was twigged to your disingenuousness via posted contact information.
Doug Huffman wrote in: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=8411&forum_id=57&jump_to=135936#p135936
Sorry, as I noted elsewhere and IIRC in a note to you, I have disabled PM to encourage my detractors to vent their spleen for all to see rather than in my PM in-box.
My mistake: Doug does have an e-mail listed on his profile.

Pointman

imported post

It seems the posting errors are fixed, indexes updated (without losing messages), and e-mail updates are working again. Thank you!