• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good comments on Loudoun Easterner Article

coastie

imported post

I absolutely love the liberal press and their fasination with movies. I also love their poor attempts to equate both CC and open carry to the "Wild West." In their article, the movies "Shane" and "Gun Fight at the OK Corral" are referred to. Watch the movies people ! ! Do some homework and research people ! ! Actual "gun fights" in the "wild west" were actually quite rare. Were the gun fights caused / accomplished by people after drinking - not if they wanted to stay alive. Please - do some homework and research BEFORE you condem us and make us into wild west outlaws. The last time I checked, research on the internet was free - and there was a great deal of information available.

TheEggman

imported post

It always got my goat when one of the 'participants' in a Wild West Television/Movie gunfight slugs down a couple of shots, or takes a long pull right from the bottle before facing his opponent. NOT the way to stay alive.

Back in the day I played a bit of poker and always kad my 'drink' handy. (Club Soda or Just Plain OJ. As the evening went on even the best players started making bad judgement calls as they got less and less sober. Like stealing candy from a baby.

As far as comparisons to 'Dodge City' Washinton DC should ENVY the low murder rate in Dodge City in the mid 1800s.

Glock27Bill

imported post

I love this one:

"Having a gun is like knowing CPR. If somebody is choking or drowning and nobody around them knows CPR is it okay to wait 15 minutes for the paramedic to show up???"

BTW:

Agree with the bill 94%--107

Agree with the veto 6%--7

Glock27Bill

imported post

I love this one:

Having a gun is like knowing CPR. If somebody is choking or drowning and nobody around them knows CPR is it okay to wait 15 minutes for the paramedic to show up???

BTW

94% agree with the bill

6% agree with the eto

sidestreet

imported post

Yeah, and just like if you have a kitchen fire, even though you have a fire extinguisher handy and know how to use it, you should call 911 and wait for "professionaly trained" firefighters to try putting it out. Sheesh!

We are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.