• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What's a pro-gun tourist to do in UT?

Giggety-Giggety®

imported post

Hello my fellow neighbors!

My wife will be going to UT for business next week and I'm tagging along! It's my first time to UT-Salt Lake City,and would like to know what a pro-gunner like me is to do?

I'm going to take a UT CCW class at Cabelas and wondering what else to do there?

Thanks!

b1ack5mith

imported post

HEY! im from the LA area and i moved to UT over half a year ago :D theres LOTS to do, im sure youve heard of disc golf? we have some pretty courses with wild deer and stuff out here!

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Lumpia is so sarap!!! wrote:
Hello my fellow neighbors!

My wife will be going to UT for business next week and I'm tagging along! It's my first time to UT-Salt Lake City,and would like to know what a pro-gunner like me is to do?

I'm going to take a UT CCW class at Cabelas and wondering what else to do there?

Thanks!

OPEN CARRY of course:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey.

Tell us more specifically when you will be here so that we all can maybe meet up:D

TJ

Giggety-Giggety®

imported post

Thank you for the reply friends.

I'll be there for just less than a week, but planning to visit more.

I'll be hanging out at the Cabelas in Lehi for my CCW class and apply at BCI on Wednesday...then fly back to LA.

I'll be staying in Salt Lake City. Thanks for the invitation...I'll definitely take your offer, since I'll be planning to visit more often...especially once I get my CCW!

Utah folks are really nice!

41 Magnum

imported post

A good friend of mineis the instructor for the cablas CCW class. Good guy, teaches a fun class. In fact if you can be in the Sandy area(south Salt Lake basically, around 90th south on wed Mar. 12th at lunchtime, we could hook up for lunch. If you want to post a reply and we'll figure it out.

b1ack5mith

imported post

dont get a CCW! you dont need it! :D just get a gun... any gun, seriously, rifle or handgun (we suggest handguns... less police calls lol) check the chamber, make sure its empty, put a full magazine in the gun, DONT rack the chamber... keep it empty, and put it on your side... VOUALA (or however you spell it) youre legally OCING!

by the way, in CA, you CAN opencarry in almost every city, you justcant have a magazine in it... which is pretty lame... "HOLD ON bad guy, let me put in my magazine first" lol

RockyMtnScotsman

imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
dont get a CCW! you dont need it! :D just get a gun... any gun, seriously, rifle or handgun (we suggest handguns... less police calls lol) check the chamber, make sure its empty, put a full magazine in the gun, DONT rack the chamber... keep it empty, and put it on your side... VOUALA (or however you spell it) youre legally OCING!
I was reading the UT rule about "two actions" and the example for semi-auto's like you mentioned. What about us revolver guys and two actions? Seems to me the only option is unloaded with a speedloader nearby.

swillden

imported post

RockyMtnScotsman wrote:
I was reading the UT rule about "two actions" and the example for semi-auto's like you mentioned. What about us revolver guys and two actions? Seems to me the only option is unloaded with a speedloader nearby.
Either that or with two chambers empty, the one under the hammer (in firing position) and the next one. First trigger pull rotates the cylinder and drops the hammer on the second empty chamber, second pull rotates it again moving a round into position, and fires.

NAA makes some single-action revolvers that allow you to position the wheel so the lowered hammer rests between two chambers. With those, you can carry fully loaded because (a) no round is in firing position and (b) it takes two actions to fire (pull the hammer back, rotating a round in firing position and cocking, and pull the trigger).

IMNSHO, IANAL, etc.