Thread: Onslow County Magistrates

Post imported post

I have now called Magistrates Mathews, Hall, and Horne on the subject of open carry. What they have told me is that it is 100% legal in NC (and Onslow County), and that since prosecutions come through their office, as long as you're not acting a fool, you won't get prosecuted.

3 magistrates works for me!

Post imported post

marinepilot81 wrote:
    I have now called Magistrates Mathews, Hall, and Horne on the subject of open carry. What they have told me is that it is 100% legal in NC (and Onslow County), and that since prosecutions come through their office, as long as you're not acting a fool, you won't get prosecuted.

3 magistrates works for me!
    What is this in reference to, just open carry ofa firearm?

Post imported post

Swansboro, huh? Sir, I don't know if you've been to the Onslow County Sheriff's Office, but they straight up bully/lie to you about what's legal there.

The 3 magistrates were contacted to clarify what others were saying and what I was reading. Furthermore, their statements contradict everything the sheriff's and, specifically, Mr. Moore had been saying.

Post imported post

I was askingthe question to make sure I understood what yourpost was about.Yes, I have experienced first hand what it's like dealing with the sheriff's dept. in Onslow.It only took me six trips to get my CCP.I would say there is at least one persondown there that goes out of his way to make conducting business a frustrating experience.