Thread: Well be in Stafford/ Manassas area

Post imported post

I have a Class in Manassas on Tuesday and Weds. morning but I am free after that is there anything to do in the area, I will be returning to Texas on the 17th so I have a few days to kill.

Anyone like ot meet for dinner or maybe lunch??

let me know

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Do you have transportation? How far are you willing to travel for a meet-up?

Actually, I don't mind traveling, but thought I'd ask the question.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Somebody say food?

Post imported post

I have a Rental car and will travel ,but I don't know the area well so it might be good to stay on the major places .

but Yes I will travel.

Yes Tomahawk FOOD was talked about

Post imported post

I'm usually availableduring the week, lunch sounds good.
    Post when you get in town and give the area that you'll be staying and maybe someone can suggest a place to meet up.

There are several historic sites in the area, battlefields etc...
    There is the NRA museum.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

I am staying with a marine buddy and his wife off Rte.17out by GEICO

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Texaschl wrote:
    I am staying with a marine buddy and his wife off Rte.17out by GEICO

That would put you in Stafford County close to Fredericksburg. My oldest daughter lives close to there in Stafford Lakes.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

There's an AWESOME place out Rt 3 almost to Orange. We had a meet-up there with DeadCenter, 69Malibu (where the heck has he been, anyway?) and others. The cheesecake is out of this world. It's about an hour drive from Ft Belvoir, but we'd be willing to do a dinner there. I"ll have to PM DeadCenter for the name of the place, as I can't remember.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

I propose Saturday evening, the 15th, at 5pm (the place fills up fast after that) at Clearwater Grill ( near Lake of the Woods on State Route 3)

We were very pleased with our meal(s) there - we arrived on Saturday after mistaking the day, ate dinner, then went back on Sunday for the meet-up last time we went there. The cheesecake is to die for.

Maybe we'll see some faces we don't ordinarily?

I'm also going to make a separate meet-up thread, if texaschl is amenable to these arrangements.

4276 Germanna Hwy
    Locust Grove, VA 22508
    (540) 972-0606

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    I propose Saturday evening, the 15th, at 5pm (the place fills up fast after that) at Clearwater Grill ( near Lake of the Woods on State Route 3)

We were very pleased with our meal(s) there - we arrived on Saturday after mistaking the day, ate dinner, then went back on Sunday for the meet-up last time we went there. The cheesecake is to die for.

Maybe we'll see some faces we don't ordinarily?

I'm also going to make a separate meet-up thread, if texaschl is amenable to these arrangements.

4276 Germanna Hwy
    Locust Grove, VA 22508
    (540) 972-0606

My wife's dad's side of the family is from the Locust Grove/Mine Run area. Know any Wiltshires or Chewnings or Masons? His family has been in Virginia since 1636 in that area. We even know the name of the man who fought in the Revolutionary War. And through some of my research, I was able to turn up 4 men (in particular 2 of them) who most likely were part of Mosby's Rangers.

Lots of history down there.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

Sounds good Tess, I have see what a Bud is doing that night, the new post would be a good idea .

Thanks Tess , PM returned

Post imported post

I work in Manassas and would be amiable to lunch tomorrow.

Email me at andrewo at 8-paws dot com

Spell out the number in the address above and then make the other obvious changes. I can't log in to this forum from work (stupid websense) so that's the only way to get ahold of me.

Post imported post

Dupe.