• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Well be in Stafford/ Manassas area

Texaschl

imported post

I have a Class in Manassas on Tuesday and Weds. morning but I am free after that is there anything to do in the area, I will be returning to Texas on the 17th so I have a few days to kill.

Anyone like ot meet for dinner or maybe lunch??

let me know

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Do you have transportation? How far are you willing to travel for a meet-up?

Actually, I don't mind traveling, but thought I'd ask the question.

Texaschl

imported post

I have a Rental car and will travel ,but I don't know the area well so it might be good to stay on the major places .

but Yes I will travel.

Yes Tomahawk FOOD was talked about

Marco

imported post

I'm usually availableduring the week, lunch sounds good.
Post when you get in town and give the area that you'll be staying and maybe someone can suggest a place to meet up.

There are several historic sites in the area, battlefields etc...
There is the NRA museum.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

There's an AWESOME place out Rt 3 almost to Orange. We had a meet-up there with DeadCenter, 69Malibu (where the heck has he been, anyway?) and others. The cheesecake is out of this world. It's about an hour drive from Ft Belvoir, but we'd be willing to do a dinner there. I"ll have to PM DeadCenter for the name of the place, as I can't remember.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I propose Saturday evening, the 15th, at 5pm (the place fills up fast after that) at Clearwater Grill ( near Lake of the Woods on State Route 3)

We were very pleased with our meal(s) there - we arrived on Saturday after mistaking the day, ate dinner, then went back on Sunday for the meet-up last time we went there. The cheesecake is to die for.

Maybe we'll see some faces we don't ordinarily?

I'm also going to make a separate meet-up thread, if texaschl is amenable to these arrangements.

[size="-1"]4276 Germanna Hwy
Locust Grove, VA 22508
(540) 972-0606

[/size]
[size="-1"][/size]

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Tess wrote:
I propose Saturday evening, the 15th, at 5pm (the place fills up fast after that) at Clearwater Grill ( near Lake of the Woods on State Route 3)

We were very pleased with our meal(s) there - we arrived on Saturday after mistaking the day, ate dinner, then went back on Sunday for the meet-up last time we went there. The cheesecake is to die for.

Maybe we'll see some faces we don't ordinarily?

I'm also going to make a separate meet-up thread, if texaschl is amenable to these arrangements.

[size="-1"]4276 Germanna Hwy
Locust Grove, VA 22508
(540) 972-0606

[/size]
My wife's dad's side of the family is from the Locust Grove/Mine Run area. Know any Wiltshires or Chewnings or Masons? His family has been in Virginia since 1636 in that area. We even know the name of the man who fought in the Revolutionary War. And through some of my research, I was able to turn up 4 men (in particular 2 of them) who most likely were part of Mosby's Rangers.

Lots of history down there.

Texaschl

imported post

Sounds good Tess, I have see what a Bud is doing that night, the new post would be a good idea .

Thanks Tess , PM returned

livitup

imported post

I work in Manassas and would be amiable to lunch tomorrow.

Email me at andrewo at 8-paws dot com

Spell out the number in the address above and then make the other obvious changes. I can't log in to this forum from work (stupid websense) so that's the only way to get ahold of me.