• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving from AZ to WA

surfj9009

imported post

I am unaware of the case law showing a "Castle Doctrine" in Washington also.

Could somebody provide a link to such? I would love to know that one.

Cue-Ball

imported post

tattedupboy wrote:
If OC is your preferred mode of carry, then you're taking a step backward by moving out of AZ. Next to VA, AZ is perhaps the nation's most OC friendly state. Also, in AZ, you can OC anything that is legal to own, including rifles, shotguns, Class III and NFA weapons, as well as knives and AOWs; no other state, including VA, is quite this liberal in what people are allowed to OC.
There is one exception where Washington is less restrictive, and that's on restaurant carry. We can carry here, openly or concealed, in restaurants that serve alcohol as long as they are not "21 and over" areas like bars. You cannot carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol in Arizona, even if it's all-ages.

Dave Workman

imported post

DYE wrote:
Hello all,

As this is my first post on this forum I am interested in learning about the concealed/open carry laws in WA. I currently posess an AZ concealed carry card but I am looking for someplace where I can learn about WA. Any information on this subject would be great! Thanks

You ought to get hold of Washington State Gun Rights and Responsibilities which is my book that has been in print for about 12 years. The latest edition is available.

LynnS

imported post

DYE wrote:
Hello all,

As this is my first post on this forum I am interested in learning about the concealed/open carry laws in WA. I currently posess an AZ concealed carry card but I am looking for someplace where I can learn about WA. Any information on this subject would be great! Thanks
My first post too, and am really enjoying reading this. As for moving here from AZ, my husband and I are thinking about the opposite. Visited a friend there a few months ago and hubby loved the climate AND the open carry. Was like a pig in mud (I didn't say that). We'll be going back in Aug. He can't handle the rain. Tacoma would be my last choice of the three you mentioned.

LynnS

imported post

DYE wrote:
Hello all,

My first post too, and am really enjoying reading this. As for moving here from AZ, my husband and I are thinking about the opposite. Visited a friend there a few months ago and hubby loved the climate AND the open carry. Was like a pig in mud (I didn't say that). We'll be going back in Aug. He can't handle the rain. Tacoma would be my last choice of the three you mentioned.

LynnS

imported post

DYE wrote:
Hello all,