Thread: Some Democrats do get it...

Post imported post

Almost two years old, and I think it's been posted before, but it bears a repeat.

http://rule-303.blogspot.com/2006/07...onsistent.html

He's got some other interesting reads as well. I don't agree with a lot of it, but he makes some interesting points.

Post imported post

He does make some good points. However, he overextends his assertion that the democrat party is not the party of gun control. Both in states and federally, gun bans, microprinting, national elimination of concealed and/or open carry, magazine size restriction, and like proposals or bills are over whelmingly proposed or sponsored by politicians with a (D) after their name. Generally the most consistent "blue states" are much more anti-gun than traditional "red states". That does not mean by any measure that all (D)'s are anti-gun and all (R)'s are pro-2A, but if an assault weapons ban bill is introduced and you are going to make a blind bet as to what letter follows the sponsor's name, (D) is the way to bet.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    That does not mean by any measure that all (D)'s are anti-gun and all (R)'s are pro-2A, but if an assault weapons ban bill is introduced and you are going to make a blind bet as to what letter follows the sponsor's name, (D) is the way to bet.
    And you could also bet that there is an excellent chance that the bill issuerwith the (D) by their name is from New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, orCalifornia.
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Post imported post

"According to the National Safety Council's data for 2002, 762 people in the US were killed as a result of the accidental discharge of firearms. Is this a lot?

Considering that 1,598 people were killed by falling down the stairs...."

Ban stairs!

Citizens for Staircase Control!

Edit: This guy's a Pro 2A guy that votes liberal. Reminds me of this guy I run into at the range from time to time that has a Kerry/Lieberman sticker on his truck.

Go figure.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Flintlock wrote:
    deepdiver wrote:
    That does not mean by any measure that all (D)'s are anti-gun and all (R)'s are pro-2A, but if an assault weapons ban bill is introduced and you are going to make a blind bet as to what letter follows the sponsor's name, (D) is the way to bet.
    And you could also bet that there is an excellent chance that the bill issuerwith the (D) by their name is from New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, orCalifornia.
    Don't forget about the People's Republic of Chicago.

Post imported post

Flintlock wrote:
    deepdiver wrote:

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

AbNo wrote:
    "According to the National Safety Council's data for 2002, 762 people in the US were killed as a result of the accidental discharge of firearms. Is this a lot?

Considering that 1,598 people were killed by falling down the stairs...."

Ban stairs!

Citizens for Staircase Control!

Edit: This guy's a Pro 2A guy that votes liberal. Reminds me of this guy I run into at the range from time to time that has a Kerry/Lieberman sticker on his truck.

Go figure.
    It/they take advantage of the innumeracy of the demotic public.

762 people killed one way and 1598 killed another way are 'rates' that require further statistics to be meaningful and that are never made meaningful except to the feelings of the sensitive.

What other death rates are there, what are their numbers of occurances, what are their rates, what are the deviations standardized from other members of the data set?

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA *******

Post imported post

I_Hate_Illinois wrote:
    Actually, I had considered putting them in there as well, it's just that almost all of thefederal anti-2nd amendment schemes seem to derive from senators from the states I mentioned. :P

Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Post imported post

Flintlock wrote:
    deepdiver wrote:
    Don't forget Wisconsin and Illinois both state (especially Chicago metro area as IHI said) and federal and Michigan federal.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."