• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Don't Get Shot! When to act

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Saw this on another website. Looks like some useful reminders on mindset and preparation. H/T EHOWA.com
[flash=425,355]http://www.youtube.com/v/fpm-XFMVCFQ[/flash]

longwatch

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
Having fun with those embedded YouTube videos, eh? ;)

Interesting, though I'd like to think that if one is vigilent enough, one can take evasive action before the gun is in one's face.
Don't forget the bad guy gets a vote too. You are correct that vigilance can prevent such an attack, but it can be a fatal hubris to think it can never happen to oneself. Also, if one could always evade trouble one would never need to carry a pistol at all.
:monkey

longwatch

imported post

Good gunwork but as the OP video implies, some things aren't worth getting into a life or death struggle over, of course if you are a hitman the rules don't matter.:?
[flash=425,355]http://www.youtube.com/v/jmKR6evZRQQ[/flash]

longwatch

imported post

More video, promotional so some techniques blurred.
[flash=425,355]http://www.youtube.com/v/c0fPL4f3Eqc[/flash]

imperialism2024

imported post

longwatch wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:

Interesting, though I'd like to think that if one is vigilent enough, one can take evasive action before the gun is in one's face.
Don't forget the bad guy gets a vote too. You are correct that vigilance can prevent such an attack, but it can be a fatal hubris to think it can never happen to oneself. Also, if one could always evade trouble one would never need to carry a pistol at all.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I have some crystal ball that tells me when I'll be attacked. What I mean is that during a confrontation, by the time a gun is aimed at you, it's too late in most cases to take action to defend yourself. If you draw when your attacker reaches for his gun, for instance, it will avoid the gun-in-one's-face dilemma. It should never get so far that one is faced with a situation like in the OP unless one is unarmed... IMHO, of course :cool:

Flintlock

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Good gunwork but as the OP video implies, some things aren't worth getting into a life or death struggle over, of course if you are a hitman the rules don't matter.:?
Nevertheless, it's still a kick-ass video clip.

longwatch

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
longwatch wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I have some crystal ball that tells me when I'll be attacked. What I mean is that during a confrontation, by the time a gun is aimed at you, it's too late in most cases to take action to defend yourself. If you draw when your attacker reaches for his gun, for instance, it will avoid the gun-in-one's-face dilemma. It should never get so far that one is faced with a situation like in the OP unless one is unarmed... IMHO, of course :cool:
I agree that proper awareness may prevent a gun being put in your face, but what if it doesn't or one makes a mistake? Because we aren't perfect and the world is tricky and messy, it can pay off to have a backup plan.