• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Press 'ignore' terrorist stopped by armed student

AbNo

imported post

It's in Jerusalem, but.....

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=58323

A gun rights organization in the United States is accusing the media of trying to conceal the fact that a gunman who attacked students at Jerusalem's Mercaz Harav seminary was stopped by an armed student at the school.

Authorities report that Ytizhak Dadon, 40, was a "private citizen who had a gun license and was able to shoot the gunman with his pistol," according to a statement released today by the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

In its earlier reporting on the tragedy, WND confirmed, "One terrorist reportedly was shot to death by a student who was armed…"

However, the gun rights organization said "the American press is downplaying his heroism because it proves that armed students can stop campus gunmen."

"Yitzhak Dadon is a hero," said Alan Gottlieb, the chairman of CCRKBA, "and he is living proof that armed students have a place on college campuses. Thankfully, his quick action was reported by the international press … so unlike incidents here in the United States where the press was able to completely ignore the actions of armed students or teachers, the truth about this incident will not be suppressed."

He continued, "Mr. Dadon is not going to become a victim of this conspiracy of silence. Elitist American college administrators, the national press, nor anti-gun politicians can sweep this incident under their rug."

The gun rights group said international reports credit Dadon, who studies at the school, had his pistol available when the shooting erupted. "When the gunman emerged from a library, Dadon reportedly shot him twice in the head. The gunman was subsequently shot by the off-duty soldier," the group said.

"Yitzhak Dadon's apparently well-placed bullets interrupted a rampage," Gottlieb said. "What a pity that someone like Mr. Dadon was not in class last April at Virginia Tech. What a tragedy that anti-gun extremism would keep him from attending class at Northern Illinois University. He would never be allowed to teach at Columbine High School, hold a job at Trolley Square in Salt Lake City, or go shopping at Omaha's Westroads Mall.

"America's acquiescence to anti-gun hysteria has led to one tragedy after another," Gottlieb stated. "This disastrous policy has given us nothing but broken hearts and body counts, and it's got to end. The heroism of an armed Israeli seminary student halfway across the world sends a message that we needn't submit to murder in victim disarmament zones. That's why his actions are getting such short shrift from America's press. It's a story they are loathe to report because it affirms a philosophy of self-reliance that they despise."

The organization boasts more than 650,000 members and supporters nationwide, and is dedicated to preserving firearms freedoms through active lobbying of elected officials and facilitating grass-roots organization of gun rights activists in local communities throughout the United States.

WND had reported just days earlier on plans in Arizona, where lawmakers are considering a way to stem the wave of unarmed students killed in campus slayings by allowing adults to carry firearms onto the grounds of state universities.

"The police got to both the Virginia Tech murder scene and the New Life Church [in Colorado] in about six minutes," noted Larry Pratt, the chief of Gun Owners of America. "At Virginia Tech, 30 people died. At New Life, two died in the parking lot and once the bad guy got inside the building he was engaged by (armed) security team volunteers and nobody else died. In fact, he was finished in about 30 seconds."

Pratt noted the circumstances of the two attacks. After killing two people at a Christian training center in Arvada, Colo., last December, 24-year-old Matthew Murray went to Colorado Springs intending more murder and mayhem.

Murray shot and killed two girls in the New Life Church's parking lot, then headed inside the building where thousands of worshippers were concluding a service.

A volunteer security guard, Jeanne Assam, confronted him almost immediately and fired at him. He fell, and an autopsy later said he had shot himself.

But at Virginia Tech, Cho Seung-Hui, 23, armed himself and went to a classroom building on a campus where guns were banned. He fatally shot a total of 32.

The latest attack on unarmed teachers and students happened on Valentine's Day, when Stephen Kazmierczak, 27, walked into a Northern Illinois University auditorium and shot and killed five people, and wounded 16 others.

The gunman then shot himself.

In Jerusalem, reports said one or possibly two gunmen infiltrated the Mercaz Harav Yeshiva, located near the entrance to Jerusalem, and fired hundreds of rounds of bullets at students. One terrorist, who may have been armed with an explosive device, made his way to the yeshiva's main study room, where about 80 students were reportedly gathered.

Israeli police said eight were killed and nearly a dozen were wounded, some seriously.

Looks like NEPlus got to it first.
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/8841.html

ArmedTiger

imported post

Come to think of it there have been way more school and college shootings since Clinton was in office than the many decades before put together. Those previous decades saw less gun restrictions and less ignorance in schools than we see now.

I cannot find the report now but about eight years ago I saw a report on a study conducted by the FBI and USDOJ on 100 inner city youths. They were given guns by their parents between the ages of 11 and 12 and taught how to use and respect them properly. by the time these kids were in 11th and 12th grade none had used their gun improperly or criminally.

Education, not restriction is the key.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

All four of my children (girls ages 18, 16 and 12; boy is 9) can load and shoot my USP 45 and my AK-47 should the need arise. I know that I won't always be here (nor will my 18 year old daughter who also OC's a .45 cal Glock 21) if something happens...

CrossFire

imported post

I started taking my 14 yo granddaughter to the range with almost a year ago. She can load and fire my .22 and .380, but she prefers the .22. One of the guys at the club let her try a shot with his .45 LC revolver. She actually was able to control it but declined to shoot is a second time.

She repeats the 4 major rules of gun safety on the way to the range and just before we start firing each time we go to the range. To date she has never made an unsafe move yet, unlike her mother, and yes I am quite proud of her.

p.s. I also have an XD-9 and an XD-45 but will wait awhile to ease her into those, she is only about 85 lbs soaking wet.

CrossFire

imported post

Not underestimating her. After trying the .380 and the .45 LC she expressed the desire to stay with the .22. As I said she did control the .45 LC thru the shot but was uncomfortable with it. It is my feeling that she will continue her interest in shooting only as long as it is fun for now and I am certainly in hurry to move up to the larger calibers. I feel she will get there at her own pace if I let her.

Ganghater

imported post

Taught my son gun safety at 9 with an air rifle. At 12 he can handle the 9mm, 12 gauge and 06. We discuss the range rules and weapon safety before shooting EVERY time. He's lucky at 12 'cause he stands 5' 7" and 130 lbs (I'm only 5' 10"). The 21 year old daughter is 5' 2" and shoots the 12 and 06 but her 29 year old sis only shoots the 9mm and a friends 45. The wife shoots 22 and 9. Family fun!

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

OC-Glock19 wrote:
CrossFire wrote:
(Snip)...p.s. I also have an XD-9 and an XD-45 but will wait awhile to ease her into those, she is only about 85 lbs soaking wet.

Don't underestimate 14-year-old girls. Check out this video of my friend's daughter practicing magazine changes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kucHGbts00

(Opens in new window)
Very impressive! She has enough mags on that belt to take out a small army! :)