• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I finally figured it out - Bicycle O.C.

thnycav

imported post

If you did take a spill and hit with enough force to scratch up your weapon that would be the least of your worries. You would think you would be more worried about the road rash on your body.

thnycav

imported post

If you did take a spill and hit with enough force to scratch up your weapon that would be the least of your worries. You would think you would be more worried about the road rash on your body.

thnycav

imported post

Tomahawk

imported post

That sucks, Felid. But stuff happens. At least it's still functional, and you can always replace the grips. Like you said, it's no longer pristine, so you don't need to worry so much about it.

There are various holsters out there that will cover the entire gun, like the old cavalry flap holsters, and of course the SafePacker, but SafePackers cost enough that I wouldn't want to scrape one of thosethat down the pavement, either! (It's also not an OC holster).

PavePusher

imported post

Felid`Maximus wrote:
I see that you've got a Nylon belt. Do you think that exercising (like biking and other things)with a leather belt and holster would cause damage to the leather due to sweat?

Sorry for the delayed reply, been busy the last month and only saw your post today.

Yes, that's the exact reason I chose a synthetic belt and holster. I sweat standing still in a 70 degree room. When I studied martial arts in Japan and Okinawa, I had to keep a towel handy to mop up the pool of persperation I'd end up standing in every 5-10 minutes. This is also the reason I was avoiding a shoulder rig, I figured the gun and holster would get covered in salt in short order. I haven't ridden with the gun in full Tucson summer heat yet (did some unarmed ridingfrom August on), but so far the low humidityand high heat level actually seem to keep me fairly dry. The paddle holds the holster and gun just far enough from my hip to keep it dry, whilestill close enough to not flop around.