• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I have a Question ,where can't you OC at

Texaschl

imported post

Since I am coming to VA. and plan on OCing is there places other then Federal Property , Post offices , Courthouses , and posted properties ?

Thanks in advance

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Texaschl wrote:
Since I am coming to VA. and plan on OCing is there places other then Federal Property , Post offices , Courthouses , and posted properties ?

Thanks in advance
You've pretty much named them.. add churches when in religious sessions and schools and you should be there.

As for OC in general, I think you'll be surprised how much of a non issue it really is. Some tips for you.

I don't know what you're planning to carry, but consider carrying a commonly used nondescript handgun in a good quality belt or paddle holster. Dress in a non-threatening manner (no "gansta" pants/shirts and no like mannerisms). Carry yourself with forethought and deliveration. In other words, keep you eyes open, ahead and around, and alert.. both for awareness and sending a message of assuredness. Act civil and (very important) be polite. Observe the social niceties and defer to other when necessary or even possible. This does several things. It sends a very positive message about open carriers, and it helps to assuage public anxiety (doubt you'll experience that up here with OC).

Really, the "rules" are simple. Most likely little or no different from the way in which you handle yourself on a day to day basis anyway.

Finally, have fun and enjoy yourself, and please report back to us how things went for you.

Texaschl

imported post

Well I have OC'ed now at Panera Bread on Rte.610 the walmart on 610 and Logan's in Spotsy as my bud put it . without any one batting a eye.

Today is my last day in class and I will be out looking at the sites in the Fred'burg and stafford county area ,any one that would liketo join mePm me and I will give you a cell number.

Marco

imported post

I'd remove the cell #.
Not everyone who visits/post on this site is a friend.
Ask for PM's or PM people yourself.

Marco

imported post

I'll see if the wife & kidswant to make the journey (1hr+) down there.

Edit:
We won't be attending.:(