• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thurston County meetup?

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I'm seeing enough folks in Thurston County where we should be able to pull off a meeting. I do not want to detract from the upcoming big monthly meet, but would like to suggest some sort of Thurston County meet on a semi regular basis, maybe get over to Shelton at times as well.

I have Monday and Tuesday off, and am generally available evenings as well (although Wednesday through Sunday I'll be working and not packing...)

Crackajack

imported post

I wouldnt mind meeting some people from around here. I'll be moving up to Tacoma on the 19th, but I can still commute down here. Any day outside of Sun-Tues is good for me.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Ok, that's two folks. I know there are a couple of other Thurston county folks running around here! I can "find" a couple more folks I know who don't post here but are solid gun people...

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Right now I'm calling this for the 30th, to allow for a tight schedule of one person who wishes to attend. Don't know the location, it may be on the West side of Oly.

Euromutt

imported post

Hmm. Sounds like potential fun for a Sunday evening. But I don't have an OC-suitable holster for my M&P, so how should I show solidarity? I could always wear that Nagant you sold me, Steve (in its "wait a minute while I unbutton this thing, comrade" holster) ... ;)

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Some folks opinions aside, I have OC'd with my basic concealement rig a few times with my P89. Minimal retention. Heck I OC it now with an Uncle Mike's sidekick. Holds the gun in tight, plus has a retention strap across the top. That's all I personally care about.

If you don't feel comfortable OCing with the holster you have, by all means don't, and please dont' feel bad if you're not OCing:p It was a big step for a lot of folks, including me. Knowledge of the law and rights aside, there is often the matter of putting social conditioning aside, so until you personally feel comfortable with your rig and mode of carry...

CrossBow33

imported post

Thanks. I'll be there. I'll be at Freighthouse Square in Tacoma at 12:30 today, as well. Good opportunity to put faces to names.

I'll see you and the way South Sound crowd on the 30th. Just say where!

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

The 30th in the evening. Most likely at Apollo's pizza on the westside of Oly, but I have to double check. Will have a firm location/time by the end of this week, but it will be the 30th.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
The 30th in the evening.  Most likely at Apollo's pizza on the westside of Oly, but I have to double check.  Will have a firm location/time by the end of this week, but it will be the 30th.

What bout old skool? :p

just_a_car

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
The 30th in the evening. Most likely at Apollo's pizza on the westside of Oly, but I have to double check. Will have a firm location/time by the end of this week, but it will be the 30th.

What bout old skool? :p
You do Old School Pizzaria and I'll make an effort to get down there. That was some darn good pizza for a great price!

compmanio365

imported post

We definitely need to do Old School again soon, good damn pizza at a great price (which is important to some of us!). Decor, I could pass up, but you know the food is good.....what is Apollo's Pizza like?

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

If anyone needs a navigator or wants to be mine, let me know. I'll be leaving from Tacoma.

/I call shotgun - John Conner
// I call 9mm - the good Terminator Cameron