• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

'Refuse to disarm'. Charleston, SC Posted & Currying Letter to the Editors

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://www.charleston.net/news/2008/mar/10/letters_editor33229/

Refuse to disarm
I have heard many gun owners say that when government comes for the people's guns, they will not hand over their firearms.

To me this is only part of the picture. The other part is whether law enforcement will disarm their neighbors and fellow Americans because they were ordered to do so. Or will they stand as Americans and refuse?

May those in law enforcement remember Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union, China and other government-controlled states, should they ever receive such orders.

BILL IVY
Point Park Drive
Johns Island

Carpetbagger

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ithink that New Orleansclearly showed thatlaw enforcement will disarm their neighbors and fellow Americans when ordered to do so.

So much for their oath to protect and defend the Constitution.

springer7676

imported post

I think they will disarm you and shoot you if you resist. They will follow orders period. Especially the NG if they are involved. Its all about following orders.

springer7676

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
LEO 229 will argue against that on the national sub-forums - if you want to risk being accused of cop-bashing.
I stand by what I have written. If the order is given to disarm the populace then that order will be followed. If a particular policeman refuses to carry out that order, then he will be dismissed and disarmed. Its not about bashing the police, its about law and order. Anyone who breaks the law will be resisted by whatever force is necessary to bring that individual in to compliance. There is no Resistance against overwhelming force. Its simply a way to commit suicide. The Achilles heel for Americans facing a gun confiscation is love of life which includes family and self. Few nations have fostereda fighterwilling to die to fighttheir own government without outside allies. We did it in 1776 but we did not do it alone and would not have succeeded without the allies that helped us. There would be no allies for gun confiscation in America.

LEO 229

imported post

Actually.... I do not like the idea of the people being disarmed. I think the people in NOLA were done wrong and left defenseless when their firearms were taken away.

DC has a gun ban and that has failed!!

I have posted my opinion on this already and would not willingly disarm anyone.

ODA 226

imported post

springer7676 wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
LEO 229 will argue against that on the national sub-forums - if you want to risk being accused of cop-bashing.
I stand by what I have written. If the order is given to disarm the populace then that order will be followed. If a particular policeman refuses to carry out that order, then he will be dismissed and disarmed. Its not about bashing the police, its about law and order. Anyone who breaks the law will be resisted by whatever force is necessary to bring that individual in to compliance. There is no Resistance against overwhelming force. Its simply a way to commit suicide. The Achilles heel for Americans facing a gun confiscation is love of life which includes family and self. Few nations have fostereda fighterwilling to die to fighttheir own government without outside allies. We did it in 1776 but we did not do it alone and would not have succeeded without the allies that helped us. There would be no allies for gun confiscation in America.

YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO BREAK THE LAW TO ENFORCE THE LAW! You can and MUST refuse to execute ANY ILLEGAL ORDER whether you are in the military or as a member of law enforcement! I have done it in both the military and as a LEO. I am the one who has to live with myself and this is something I WILL NEVER DO!

SHAME ON ANY LEO OR SOLDIER WHO DOES! YOU HAVE DISHONORED YOURSELF, YOUR COMMUNITY AND YOUR COUNTRY IF YOU DO! PEOPLE LIKE THAT ARE THE SCUM OF THE EARTH! I CURSETHEM ANDTHEIR SPAWN!

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
springer7676 wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:

YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO BREAK THE LAW TO ENFORCE THE LAW! You can and MUST refuse to execute ANY ILLEGAL ORDER whether you are in the military or as a member of law enforcement! I have done it in both the military and as a LEO. I am the one who has to live with myself and this is something I WILL NEVER DO!

SHAME ON ANY LEO OR SOLDIER WHO DOES! YOU HAVE DISHONORED YOURSELF, YOUR COMMUNITY AND YOUR COUNTRY IF YOU DO! PEOPLE LIKE THAT ARE THE SCUM OF THE EARTH! I CURSETHEM ANDTHEIR SPAWN!
In the faith of America, you sir are a holy man and speak the words of truth!

ODA 226

imported post

Bob,

I wouldn't say that I'm a holy man, but I lovemy country and it discusts and infuriates me when I read and hear of bullies threatening and terrorizing US citizens "Under The Color Of The Law".

"Duty, Honor, Country" andSWEARING to "Uphold and DEFEND the Constitution of the United States against ALL ENEMIES, FORIEGN OR DOMESTIC" is a BLOOD OATH that I swore to 31 years ago, and I'LL BE DAMNED if I will EVER sit idly by and allow some ASSHOLE to forcibly take away the rights that GOD has given us!

SHAME AND DISGRACE ON ALL WHO WOULD TRAMPLE ON THE RIGHTS OF GOOD MEN AND WOMEN! THERE IS A SPECIAL PLACE IN HELL WAITING FOR YOU!

There are very few things in life that anger me like this and COWARDLY BASTARDSsuch as theseare at the very top of my list!

Rant Over...

G9M&P15

imported post

Frankly, LE coming for my guns is the only reason I own Class 3s and API rounds. If anyone, regardless of occupation, tries to confiscate any of my firearms, there'll be a bloodbath, because the only way you're getting my guns are to pick them off my corpse.

tarzan1888

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Actually....  I do not like the idea of the people being disarmed. I think the people in NOLA were done wrong and left defenseless when their firearms were taken away.

LEO229 is not alone. I have friends and family who are either LE or military.

We have discussed this and they, like LEO229 will not willingly disarm anyone.

Tarzan

G9M&P15

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Actually....  I do not like the idea of the people being disarmed. I think the people in NOLA were done wrong and left defenseless when their firearms were taken away.

LEO229 is not alone. I have friends and family who are either LE or military.

We have discussed this and they, like LEO229 will not willingly disarm anyone.

Tarzan

Last statistics I saw, LEOs were overwhelmingly in opposition to gun control. It's the fact that so much of their upper management are political appointees that's the problem. They just parrot what they're told to. I think the fact remains that those 10-20% of LEOs that will confiscate weapons will most definitely attempt to when told.

When law enforcement refuses to confiscate the weapons, what happens then? Mass resignations on the part of LEOs? Then guess what: your police force are private citizens who own guns. The government is left with two options: quickly try and recruit as many anti-gunners as they can to their departments, or call in the National Guard.

Unfortunately, I'm definitely not up-to-date on statistics involving the National Guard or the Military's general opinions on gun control to postulate what happens next.

IdahoCorsair

State Researcher
imported post

What's this "willingly" crap??? :cuss:

LEO 229 " I have posted my opinion on this already and would not willingly disarm anyone."

tarzan1888 "We have discussed this and they [my relatives], like LEO229 will not willingly disarm anyone."

Ok, call me a grammer nut, but what the he$% does "willingly" have to do with it? So does that mean you leave yourself and 'out' if they'd take away your job if you don't confiscate guns or take your pension away if you don't? So you're not willingly confiscating guns, because they're holding your job over your head and that justifes it?

BE A MAN, grow some balls and make an absolute statement like, "I WILL NOT EVER DISARM A LAW ABDING CITIZEN AND CONFISCATE THEIR WEAPONS!!!"

PavePusher

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
Bob,

I wouldn't say that I'm a holy man, but I lovemy country and it disgusts and infuriates me when I read and hear of bullies threatening and terrorizing US citizens "Under The Color Of The Law".

"Duty, Honor, Country" andSWEARING to "Uphold and DEFEND the Constitution of the United States against ALL ENEMIES, FORIEGN OR DOMESTIC" is a BLOOD OATH that I swore to 31 years ago, and I'LL BE DAMNED if I will EVER sit idly by and allow some ASSHOLE to forcibly take away the rights that GOD has given us!

SHAME AND DISGRACE ON ALL WHO WOULD TRAMPLE ON THE RIGHTS OF GOOD MEN AND WOMEN! THERE IS A SPECIAL PLACE IN HELL WAITING FOR YOU!

There are very few things in life that anger me like this and COWARDLY BASTARDSsuch as theseare at the very top of my list!

Rant Over...

Amen, Brother. I am a simple USAF aircraft mechanic NCO, but I would not obey an illegal order to confiscate weapons from legal citizens. And if I knew anyone was, I'd fight it through as many avenues as I could, first within my chain of command, then outside if neccesary.

"I, PavePusher, do solemly swear to support and defend the Constitution..."

Wow. Even typing those words makes the hair on my forearms stand up,after 17 1/2 years...

I was once fortunate enough to re-enlist at my parentsapartment in Romania (theywere teaching at the American school there) while TDY to Bucharest. I've seen what happens to disarmedpeople around the world... Not. On. My. Watch.

Sorry for the wool-gathering.

scarletwahoo

imported post

springer7676 wrote:
I think they will disarm you and shoot you if you resist. They will follow orders period. Especially the NG if they are involved. Its all about following orders.

Thats why bans on automatic weapons and assualt rifles are completely and blatantly unconstitutional. Civilians should have legal access to the same rifles the military has.

Thomas Jefferson said, "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
Bob,

I wouldn't say that I'm a holy man, but I lovemy country and it discusts and infuriates me when I read and hear of bullies threatening and terrorizing US citizens "Under The Color Of The Law".

Rant Over...
I couldn't agree more with you.

It's a shame that a bunch of Louisiana good old boys didn't ban together and when the local LEO's and NG came around for their weapons, they were met with those good old boys armed to the teeth and saying, "You want what of ours and if we don't hand them over you're gonna do what? We don't think so."

I would bet that if the stuff ever did really hit the fan and a national executive order went out to confiscate all civilian arms and the NG and military were enjoined for this action (Posse Comitatus be damned), there would be a whole lot of people who would disobey this order and I'll tell you why.

The military who would be going into towns in Virginia, Georgia, Texas would certainly have families in Kansas, New York, and Montana. You can bet it would be crossing their mind that if they're doing this where they are, then there are also people doing the same things in their hometowns. I don't think that would set too well with a lot of people. Where I live, the police force is small and certainly no match for an armed township.

What it boils down to with me is this. I would rather see the U.S. encounter open armed rebellion and suffer a massive conflagration, then to see the Bill of Rights torn to shreds, because if such a thing were to ever happen, America would have already ceased to exist. Simple as that.

MetalChris

imported post

I'm a comm troop in the USAF, and would more than likely not be told to disarm citizens, but if the day ever came that I was ordered to do so, I would not comply.

jack

Banned
imported post

If the day comes when guns are being confiscated by law enforcement,a case of armor piercing rounds will come in handy. I will shoot anyone attempting to destroythe Constitution of this great nation . Too bad a few patriots didn't kill a few cops during gun confiscation in Katrina. Law enforcement needs to see that it will not be tolerated, period. Once they start taking guns, freedom is over and the street cop is just as much my enemy as Bin laden.

Bullet proof vest are butter, when you are using the correct round.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

jack wrote:
If the day comes when guns are being confiscated by law enforcement,a case of armor piercing rounds will come in handy. I will shoot anyone attempting to destroythe Constitution of this great nation . Too bad a few patriots didn't kill a few cops during gun confiscation in Katrina. Law enforcement needs to see that it will not be tolerated, period. Once they start taking guns, freedom is over and the street cop is just as much my enemy as Bin laden.

Bullet proof vest are butter, when you are using the correct round.

Once they start taking guns, 'law' is over and ...

Democracy is the rule of fools by fools and not by laws.