• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fellow from work ran into J-ville PD

jeepinbanditrider

imported post

So I just found out about this from one of the guys out in the shop. The Marine in question currently is FAPed to PMO. Keep in mind that this guy owns NO firearms and the only firearms he has ever shot have been issued to him by the Marine Corps.

He went down to Wilmington with a buddy of his from PMO and while they were down there they picked up a couple of airsoft rifles that resemble M4s.

When he brought them back home he was walking into his apartment and I guess one of the other tenants saw him. From what I was able to gather he called the police deparment about a kid with an "assualt rifle and scope". Well the guy gets in his car and leaves the apartment after dropping off the airsoft stuff in his place.

About 4 blocks from his apartment 4 J-ville PD cars pounce on him forcing him off the road and performing a felony stop weapons drawn fingers on the triggers. They placed both him and his buddy in handcuffs. They searched his car without asking (not sure if this is required for a felony stop or not). Then they asked "where the gun" was. He told them the airsoft gun was in his apartment and offered to take them back to his apartment to show them.

Even after showing them the gun they still gave him a ticket for discharging a firearm within the city limits or some such BS.

Now also keep in mind this is being relayed to me by guys in his shop but I plan to talk to him tomorrow about the subject and get the story straight from him. This didn't even happen to me but I am LIVID. :banghead:

marinepilot81

imported post

Do you suppose the 911 dispatcher ever asks "Is he doing anything dangerous" or any similar question?

Once you find the details, keep us informed.

southernbnb

imported post

Hey rider hows thatKLR treating you? Dude this sounds like it may have become embellished a little.I work with jpd on a daily basis andI have a hard time believing that they would jump on somebody this hard with out a good reason. It could have been that theperson that called dispatch told them thathe was walking around shooting the gun or something.:what:And you have to admit that if you are an officer and the only information youhave is that this guy has just been carrying an assault rifle around his frontyard you wouldbe just a little uneasy! Unfortunately when approaching a situation like this leo's often have very limited information and have to take measures to protect themselves. Now by all means if they did violate his rights then something needs to be done.:cuss:I just think that we need to find out all the facts first. Keep us posted brother!

jeepinbanditrider

imported post

southernbnb wrote:
Hey rider hows thatKLR treating you? Dude this sounds like it may have become embellished a little.I work with jpd on a daily basis andI have a hard time believing that they would jump on somebody this hard with out a good reason. It could have been that theperson that called dispatch told them thathe was walking around shooting the gun or something.:what:And you have to admit that if you are an officer and the only information youhave is that this guy has just been carrying an assault rifle around his frontyard you wouldbe just a little uneasy! Unfortunately when approaching a situation like this leo's often have very limited information and have to take measures to protect themselves. Now by all means if they did violate his rights then something needs to be done.:cuss:I just think that we need to find out all the facts first. Keep us posted brother!
I totally agree with you 100 percent. That's why I put my little disclaimers in there about getting this stuff second hand. I've been trying to find this guy for the past two days to no avail. I think he is still in the middle of checking back in from his FAP to PMO.