• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Victim in D.C.

echo6tango

imported post

Just days away from the Supreme Court telling the city it's time for the ban to go...I suppose the bad guys in D.C. have to get all the robberies out of their systems before folks in D.C. have the opportunity to fight back...

Man Shot, Killed During Apparent Robbery In NW
Police: Man Shot In Apparent Robbery

WASHINGTON -- A man was found shot and killed in the District late Monday night, police said.

D.C. police said that officers were called to the 700 block of Princeton Place in Northwest at about 11 p.m. for the report of a disturbance.

Officers found a man shot multiple times in the head and chest lying in an alley, police said.

The man was transported to Washington Hospital Center, where he was later pronounced dead.

Police are withholding the victim's name until he can be identified and his family can be notified.

Investigators said it appears that the victim was shot during the commission of an armed robbery.

Police are looking for two black men who were last seen fleeing the area on foot westbound through the alley toward Georgia Avenue.

The first man is described as tall with a thin build, clean-shaven and bald. Police said he was wearing a red shirt and dark jeans. The second man was wearing a white T-shirt. They were reportedly armed with handguns.

The men should be considered armed and dangerous, police said.

Anyone with information is asked to call police at 202-727-9099.

http://www.nbc4.com/news/15561613/detail.html?dl=headlineclick

Chkultr

imported post

I was in Arlington visiting my bro in law this past weekend! We woke up Saturday morning...turned on the news and the 1st words we hear are 6 people dead in 6 hours! WTF? Not really making me want to jump on the metro and tour DC!

soloban

imported post

If you've ever seen I am Legend, DC is a lot like that. Don't go out at night! Stick to the Federal areas during the day time and you'll be just fine.

echo6tango

imported post

soloban wrote:
If you've ever seen I am Legend, DC is a lot like that. Don't go out at night! Stick to the Federal areas during the day time and you'll be just fine.
Except for the guy that got stabbed in front of the White House sometime back...in broad daylight...

echo6tango

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
OH MY GOD, the gun ban isn't working!!!:what:
That's because people are not giving the ban time to work...it needs another 30 years or so to really have an effect </end sarcasm>