Thread: Email from Congressman Eric Cantor

Post imported post

And know what bill he's talking about?

Dear Friend,

Recently, House Democrats launched new attacks on your second amendment rights. They introduced legislation that would have spent your tax dollars to deny the second amendment rights of people living in public housing. I am pleased to report to you that House Republicans fought back and won.

On the floor of the U.S. House, Republicans removed the Democrats’ political cover and forced a vote exclusively on the provisions that threatened the second amendment. Ultimately, to avoid the embarrassment of losing a vote, House Democrats were forced to pull the entire pork-ridden bill from consideration.

I’d like to hear what you have to say about the situation, please click here to visit my blog and leave your comments about the strategy. It is the steadfast support of activists like you that enables us to keep the House Democrats at bay. Your activism and support of second amendment rights is the critical difference that preserves those rights.

It is an honor to step onto the House Floor in defense of our rights – especially the second amendment. While the struggle for freedom continues, this effort was a victory for liberty.

Regards,

Eric Cantor
    United States Congressman

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I suppose just calling him would betoo easy? :P
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Hard to believe if it that important that both GOA & NRA would have been quiet about it...
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Post imported post

Yeah well, I haven't gotten as far as calling him. I'm a little leary of getting an ambiguous email from a politician stating how they did something, but don't provide the details.....sounds like a fishing trip to me.

Post imported post

Looks like it was a bill to prohibit gun ownership in Govt funded housing projects. At least that's what is on his blog site, no citation to bill number or anything concrete.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I got it too.

I'm on his mailing list due to something quite some time ago (before the Nov elections) - I think Mike put out - inviting me to go to his blog. If some of you others went as well, that might explain how you got this e-mail.

I was a bit put off by the partisanship of the e-mail. Frankly, I don't want a Republican house or a Democrat house - I just want a US House of Representatives. If they'd put the nation ahead of partisanship, we'd be much further along.

Off soapbox now
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein